Concentrating Nickel from Leaching Solutions for Oxidized Nickel Ore Based on Precipitation of Hydrates
The article focuses on concentrating of nickel from lean solutions of leaching of oxidized nickel ore. The proposed block diagram of process flow chart for such solutions includes hydrolytic removal of admixed iron and aluminium and precipitation of nickel concentrate by calcinated magnesia. As a result, nickel content of the concentrate is 26–26% at the recovery of 95–97%. The issues of decontamination and recycling of the solutions are solved.
KeywordsOxidized nickel ore leaching precipitation nickel hydroxide lime calcinated magnesia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reznik, I.D., Ermakov, G.P., and Shneerson, Ya.M., Nikel’ (Nickel), vol. 2, Moscow: Nauka Tekhnol., 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Reznik, I.D., Ermakov, G.P., and Tarasov, A.V., Main Development Trends in Oxidized Nickel Ore Processing, Tsv. Met., 2003, no. 3, pp. 22–27.Google Scholar
- 3.Alenichev, V.M., Umanskii, A.B., and Klyushnikov, A.M., Physicochemical Peculiarities in Pile Leaching of Ural Oxidized Nickel Ores with Sulphuric Acid Solutions, Vest. Voronezh. Gos Univer., Ser.: Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, 2013, no. 2, pp. 9–14.Google Scholar
- 4.Stopic, S., Friedrich, B., and Fuchs, R., Sulphuric Acid Leaching of the Serbian Nickel Lateritic Ore, Erzmetall, 2003, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 204–209.Google Scholar
- 6.McDonald, R.G. and Whittington, B.I., Atmospheric Acid Leaching of Nickel Laterites Review, Part I. Sulphuric Acid Technologies, Hydrometallurgy, 2008, vol. 91, pp. 35–55.Google Scholar
- 8.Fleitlikh, I.Yu., Pashkov, G.L., Grigor’eva, N.A., and Nikiforova, L.K., Extraction of Cobalt and Nickel from Oxidized Nickel Ore Leaching Solutions, Tsv. Met., 2007, no. 6, pp. 41–43.Google Scholar