Pendulum Waves on the Surface of Block Rock Mass under Dynamic Impact
- 15 Downloads
Under numerical investigation is propagation of surface pendulum waves in 3D block medium. The medium is modeled by 3D lattice of masses connected with elastic springs and viscous dampers. The surface vertical pulsed concentrated loading is considered. The displacements and velocities of the surface masses are calculated. The numerical results obtained for the block medium are compared with the similar data on elastic medium and in situ experiments carried out by other researchers.
KeywordsLamb’s problem block medium half-space wave motion Rayleigh wave numerical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sadovsky, M.A., Natural Lumpiness of Rocks, Dokl. AN SSSR, 1979, vol. 247, no. 4, pp. 829–832.Google Scholar
- 2.Kurlenya, M.V., Oparin, V.N., and Vostrikov, V.I., Formation of Elastic Wave Packets under Pulsed Perturbation of Block-Structure Media. Pendulum Waves Uμ, Dokl. AN SSSR, 1993, vol. 333, no. 3, pp. 3–13.Google Scholar
- 4.Sher, E.N. and Chernikov, A.G., Experimental Study of Seismic Waves in Rock Blocks under Impact Stress, Nonlinear Geomechanical–Geodynamic Processes in Deep Mining: 2nd Russia–China Conference Proceeding, Novosibirsk: IGD SO RAN, 2012.Google Scholar
- 5.Kausel, E., Lamb’s Problem at Its Simplest, Proc. R. Soc. A, 2013, DOI:10.1098/rspa.2012.0462.Google Scholar
- 6.Bland, D.R., The Theory of Linear Viscoelasticity, Oxford, UK: Pergamon Press, 1960.Google Scholar
- 7.Aleksandrova, N.I., Seismic Waves in a Three-Dimensional Block Medium, Proc. R. Soc. A, 2016, Article ID 20160111. DOI:10.1098/rspa.2016.0111.Google Scholar