Estimation of Stress State in Rocks and Geomaterials
- 28 Downloads
Roughness of the main fracture surface is an assessment criterion for stress state of geomaterials for the quantitative connection has been found between the crack roughness and stress state of geomaterials. Roughness reduces with an increase in the maximum normal stresses in the zone of failure (the area of the maximum shear stresses). Based on this regularity, the method has been developed to assess stresses using the crack surface roughness in geomaterials.
KeywordsMain fracture surface roughness stress state geomaterials rocks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oliver, D.E., Stress Pattern Analysis by Thermal Emission, Handbook on Experimental Mechanics, A.S. Kobayashi (Ed.), Prentice-Hall, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Seredin, V.V., Analysis of Temperature in the Zone of Fracture in Rocks, Fund. Issled., 2014, no. 9, part 12, pp. 2713–2717.Google Scholar
- 10.Enikolopyan, N.S., Mkhitaryan, A.A., anmd Karagezyan, A.S., Ultrarapid Reactions of Decomposition in Solids under Pressure, Dokl. AN SSSR, 1986, vol. 288, no. 3, pp. 657–660.Google Scholar
- 11.Chikov, B.M., Kargapolov, S.A., and Ushakov, G.D., Experimental Stress-Conversion of Pyroxenite, Geolog. Geofiz., 1989, no. 6, pp. 75–80.Google Scholar
- 12.Molchanov, V.I., Selezneva, O.G., and Osipov, S.L., Mechanoactivation of a Mineral Substance as the Pre-Condition of Stress-Transformations in Lineament Zones, Struktura lineamentnykh zon stress-morfizma (Structure of Lineament Zones of Stress-Morphism), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1990.Google Scholar
- 14.Stavrogin, A.N. and Tarasov, B.G., Eksperimental’naya fizika i mekhanika gornykh porod (Experimental Physics and Mechanics of Rocks), Saint-Petersburg: Nauka, 2001.Google Scholar