Examining the Experience of Revealing Delayed Deformation Corrosion Cracking
- 20 Downloads
The problem of skipping iron-oxide–filled damages in the welding junctions between the collector and Dn1200 branch pipe of the PGV-1000 steam generator in a VVÉR-1000 reactor facility is considered. The mechanism of crack nucleation and development is described. A hypothesis that cracks filled with corrosion deposits exhibit minimum reflectivity has been proposed and confirmed. Results of theoretical research into transmission and reflection of ultrasonic waves in the presence of a thin layer of corrosion products surrounded by pearlitic steel are provided. The reflectances of longitudinal and transverse waves from corrosion damages have been calculated and proved the viability of the hypothesis.
Keywordsultrasonic testing reflectance crack magnetite delayed deformation corrosion cracking (DDCC) PGV-1000
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zubchenko, A.S., Razygraev, N.P., Runov, A.E., et al., Topical issues in ultrasonic testing of directional anticorrosive coatings (Part I), Energomashinostroenie, 1988, no. 10, pp. 18–21.Google Scholar
- 2.Zubchenko, A.S., Razygraev, N.P., and Runov, A.E., Topical issues in ultrasonic testing of directional anticorrosive coatings (Part II), Energomashinostroenie, 1988, no. 11, pp. 23–27.Google Scholar
- 3.Zubchenko, A.S., Razygraev, N.P., and Runov, A.E., Assessing the production technology and quality criteria in ultrasonic testing of directional anticorrosive coatings, Energomashinostroenie, 1988, no. 12, pp. 16–20.Google Scholar
- 4.Aleshin, N.P., Knyazev, V.D., and Mogil’ner, L.Yu., Scattering of ultrasonic pulses on semitransparent flaws. Modeling by the finite element element, Defektoskopiya, 1989, no. 10, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 5.Akol'zin, P.A., Korroziya i zashchita metalla teploenergeticheskogo oborudovaniya (Corrosion and Protection of Metal in Heat-and-Power Engineering), Moscow: Energoizdat, 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuzavko, Y.A. and Karpuk, M.M., Acoustic waves reflection and refraction on a liquid magnetoacoustic material boundary, Abstr. 17th Int. Congr. Acoust., Rome, September 2–7, 2001.Google Scholar
- 9.Brekhovski, L.M., Volny v sloistykh sredakh (Waves in Stratified Media), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar
- 10.Ermolov, I.N., Metody ul’trazvukovoi defektoskopii. Kurs Lektsii (A Lecture Course in Ultrasonic Nondestructive Testing), Moscow: MGI, 1966.Google Scholar
- 11.Ermolov, I.N., Vopilkin, A.Kh., and Badalyan, V.G., Raschety v ul’trazvukovoi defektoskopii. Kratkii spravochnik (A Quick Guide to Calculations in Ultrasonic Nondestructive Testing), Moscow: EKhO+, 2004.Google Scholar