Total Margin Based Balanced Relative Margin Machine
- 14 Downloads
Inspired by the total margin algorithm, we extend balanced relative margin machine (BRMM) by introducing surplus variables, and propose a total margin based balanced relative (TM-BRMM). TMBRMM not only solves the loss of information points involved, but also addresses outliers at the outer boundaries that limit the maximum distance from points to separating hyperplane. Furthermore, by means of kernel function, it is easy to solve nonlinear separable datasets. The experiments on UCI datasets verify the feasibility and superiority of TM-BRMM.
Keywordssupport vector machine total margin relative margin kernel method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.X. F. Ling, J. Yang, and Y. E. Chen-Zhou, “Support vector machine-based human face recognition method,” Infrared Laser Eng. 5 (318–322), 327 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Osuna, R. Freund, and F. Girosi, “Training support vector machines: an application to face detection,” in Proc. CVPR (Hilton Head Island, SC, 2000), pp. 130–136.Google Scholar
- 5.H. C. Liu, M. A. Shu-Yuan, W. U. Ping-Dong, et al., “Handwritten digits recognition for automatic analysis system of UK psychology test,” J. Beijing Inst. Technol. 22 (5), 599–603 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.L. M. Zeng and W. U. Xiang-Bin, “Research on SVM and its application of remote sense image classification for regions of interest,” Comput. Eng. Appl. 45 (6), 243–245 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.Q. Chen, G. N. Cao, and L. Chen, “Application of support vector machine to atmospheric pollution prediction,” Comput. Technol. Develop. 32 (12), 61–65 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Min, Y. Yun, and H. Nakayama, “A role of total margin in support vector machines,” in Proc. Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks (Portland, OR, 2003), Vol. 3, pp. 2049–2053.Google Scholar
- 12.P. K. Shivaswamy and T. Jebara, “Relative margin machines,” in Proc. Conf. on Neural Information Processing Systems (Vancouver, Dec. 2008), pp. 1481–1488.Google Scholar
- 13.Z. Y. Long, J. H. Liu, and L. U. Han yu, “Research of fuzzy ?-relative margin machine based on total margin,” Microelectron. Comput. 6, 167–171 (2012).Google Scholar
- 16.V. Eidelman, Y. Marton, and P. Resnik, “Online relative margin maximization for statistical machine translation,” in Proc. Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (Sofia, 2013), pp. 1116–1126.Google Scholar
- 17.A. B. Ashraf, S. Lucey, and T. Chen, “Reinterpreting the application of Gabor filters as a manipulation of the margin in linear support vector machines,” IEEE Trans. Software Eng. 32 (7), 1335–1341 (2010).Google Scholar