Extrapolation of the boundary of uni- and bimodality of a two-component Gaussian mixture
- 52 Downloads
A two-component Gaussian mixture with equal variances and various mathematical expectations has been studied. It has been found that a set of singular critical points of its probability density is a boundary of uni- and bimodality. The approximation equation of this boundary has been obtained on a line segment as a second-degree polynomial. The bifurcation area of the function being investigated is presented in the probabilistic form. The extrapolation algorithm of this boundary has been developed on a small line, and the experimental results have been presented.
KeywordsGaussian mixture equation of a boundary of uni- and bimodality extrapolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.H. Cramér, Mathemalical Methods of Statistics (Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, 1946).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Linnik, The Method of the Least Squares and the Foundations of Mathematical-Statistical Theory of Observation Handling (Gos. izd. fiziko-matematicheskoy literatury, Moscow, 1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Arnold, A. N. Varchenko, and S. M. Gusein-Zade, Singularities of Differitiable Maps (Nauka, Moscow, 1982; Birkhäuser, Boston, 1985).Google Scholar
- 10.N. N. Aprausheva and S. V. Sorokin, “On Interpolation and Extrapolation of the Boundary of the Uni- and Bimodality of a Two-Component Gaussian Mixture,” in Proc. PRIA-10-2010 Int. Conf., (Politechnika, St. Petersburg, 2010), Vol. 1, pp. 85–88.Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Lyubishhev, Variance Analysis in Biology (MSU, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar