The Main Factors of Uranium Accumulation in the Ishim Plain Saline Lakes (Western Siberia)
Hydrochemical analysis of the high-salinity lakes in the Ishim Plain (>250–300 g/L) located at the border with the Northern Kazakhstan uranium ore province is performed. The studies have shown that the main factor of concentration and redistribution of uranium in the lake basins of the Ishim Plain are the processes of intense salt deflation causing sanding of lakes and uranium depletion in the near-surface layer of the bottom deposits. The correlation between the hydroxide forms of uranium binding in the bottom lacustrine deposits of the Ishim Plain and the coffinite composition of the Semizbai deposit makes it possible to consider this province to be promising for the discovery of hydromineral uranium deposits.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Volkov, Ishim Steppe. Relief and Covering Loesslike Deposits (Siberian Branch USSR Acad. Sci., Novosibirsk, 1965) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.The 1: 1 000 000 State Geological Map of the USSR. Explanatory Note, (Gosgeoltekhizdat, Moscow, 1962).Google Scholar
- 5.T. I. Markovich, L. I. Razvorotneva, V. P. Isupov, L. G. Gilinskaya, and A. G. Vladimirov, Geol. Miner.-Syr’evye Resur. Sib., No. 3, Part 2, 93–96 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Karpov, A. G. Vladimirov, S. K. Krivonogov, I. V. Nikolaeva, and E. N. Moroz, in Proc. 8th Int. Siberian Early Career GeoScientists Conf. (Novosibirsk, June 13–24, 2016), pp. 86–87.Google Scholar
- 9.M. N. Kolpakova, S. V. Borzenko, and V. P. Isupov, Voda: Khim. Ekol., No. 1, 18–23 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Yu. Ivanov, Geoekol. Izv. Tomsk. Politekh. Univ. 318 (1), 159–165 (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.L. I. Razvorotneva, A. E. Boguslavskii, V. P. Kovalev, and A. V. Babushkin, Ekol. Prom. Proizvod., No. 3, 33–37 (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.G. A. Sadyrbaeva, K. A. Myrzabek, E. E. Zhatkanbaev, S. D. Daurenbekov, E. A. Pirmatov, and Yu. G. Nikitina, Gorn. Inf.-Anal. Byull., No. 11, 216–222 (2011).Google Scholar