First Finds of Platinum and Palladium Minerals in Sulfide Ores of the Khudolaz Intrusive Complex (Southern Urals)
Forms of occurrence of platinum (sperrilite, moncheite) and palladium (Sb-michenerite, Pd–Bi phase) minerals in intrusive rocks of the Khudolaz differentiated complex have been studied. Platinum minerals were identified in disseminated Cu–Ni sulfide ores from ultramafic olivine–hornblende rocks of the Khudolaz complex, whereas palladium minerals were found in ores from olivine–hornblende gabbroids. The structural arrangement of grains as inclusions in sulfides of the primary magmatic association testifies that they were formed as a result of segregation of platinum group elements, which partitioned into the composition of sulfides during low-temperature mineral formation process at the late-magmatic stage.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. N. Salikhov, G. I. Belikova, V. N. Puchkov, R. Ernst, U. Sederlund, S. Kamo, I. R. Rakhimov, and V. V. Kholodnov, Litosfera, No. 6, 66–72 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Vladimirov, A. M. Kosarev, A. I. Khanchuk, D. N. Salikhov, N. N. Kruk, I. Yu. Safonova, I. V. Gas’kov, B. A. D’yachkov, S. V. Khromykh, I. Yu. Annikova, M. L. Kuibida, I. B. Seravkin, I. F. Gertner, P. D. Kotler, I. R. Rakhimov, O. N. Kuz’mina, and T. A. Oitseva, Preprint No. 1/16 SO RAN (Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Novosibirsk, 2016).Google Scholar
- 3.I. R. Rakhimov, D. N. Salikhov, A. G. Vladimirov, V. V. Kholodnov, A. V. Vishnevskii, and E. V. Borodina, in Proc. Scientific Conference “Geodynamic Evolution of Lithosphere of Central Asian Mobile Belt (from Ocean to Continent)” (Inst. Earth’s Crust Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Irkutsk, 2016), pp. 236–240 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.I. R. Rakhimov, Extended Abstract of Candidate’s Dissertation in Geology and Mineralogy (Ufa, 2017).Google Scholar
- 5.D. N. Salikhov and G. N. Pshenichnyi, Magmatism and Metallization of Early Consolidation Zone of Magnitogorsk Eugeosyncline (Bashkir Branch USSR Acad. Sci., Ufa, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.D. N. Salikhov, S. Sh. Yusupov, S. G. Kovalev, P. G. Berdnikov, and R. A. Khamitov, Mineral Resources of the Republic of Bashkortostan (Platinum Group Elements) (Ekologiya, Ufa, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.E. S. Buchkovskii, L. A. Genina, and G. M. Perminov, Intermediate Report of Khudolaz Geological-Exploring Party on Sulphide Nickel Prospecting in Northern Part of Baimakskii and Southern Part of Abzelilovskii Regions of the Bashkir Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Gos-GeolFond, Ufa, 1968), Vol. 2 (Graph. App.) [in Russian].Google Scholar