A Large Paleoseismodislocation in the Southeastern Part of the Cherskii Seismic Belt, Northern Priokhotye
- 8 Downloads
The structure of a large paleoseismodislocation located on the southeastern flank of the Cherskii seismic belt, in the upper reaches of the Ola River, 125 km NNE of Magadan, is studied. Detailed morphologic, morphometric, and structural descriptions of this paleoseismodislocation are made. The main parameters of the landslide body and the dammed lake formed by it are determined. The correlating deposits formed in the dammed lake and upon the surface of rupture are studied, and their radiocarbon age is determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. P. Vazhenin, Principles, Methods, and Results of Paleoseismogeological Investigations in Russia’s North-East (Shilo North-East Interdisciplinary Sci. Res. Inst., Far East Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Magadan, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Smirnov, S. D. Shvedov, M. N. Kondratyev, and P. P. Kolegov, in Proc. All-Russ. Sci. Conf. “Readings in Memoriam of Academician K. V. Simakov,” Magadan, November 26–28, 2013 (North-East Sci. Center Far East Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Magadan, 2013), pp. 67–68 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Solonenko, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Zemli, No. 9, 3–16 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Smirnov, A. A. Galanin, O. Yu. Glushkova, and A. Yu. Pakhomov, Geomorfologiya, No. 3, 81–92 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Korol’kov, The 1: 1 000 000 State Geological Map (New Ser.), Sheets No. O-56, R-56, R-57, Map of Pre- Quaternary Formations (Rosgeolkom, Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 1992).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Smirnov, Extended Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation in Geography (Moscow State Univ., Moscow, 1995).Google Scholar
- 7.Set of Maps “General Seismic Regionalization of the Russian Federation Territory,” Ed. by V. N. Strakhov and V. I. Ulomov (Schmidt Inst. Phys. Earth Russ. Acad. Sci., Moscow, 2000).Google Scholar
- 8.R. A. Kurushin, M. G. Dem’yanovich, and V. M. Kochetkov, in Seismicity and Deep Structure of Siberia and Far East (Far East Sci. Center USSR Acad. Sci., Vladivostok, 1976), pp. 50–60 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Galanin, Lichenometry: State-of-the-Art and Development Trends (Shilo North-East Interdisciplinary Sci. Res. Inst., Far East Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Magadan, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. N. Smirnov, M. N. Kondratyev, and P. P. Kolegov, in Proc. 19th Sci. Pract. Conf. with International Participation “Active Fractures and Their Significance for Estimating Seismic Hazard: State-of-the-Art,” October 7–10, 2014, Ed. by E. A. Rogozhin and L. I. Nadezhka (Nauchn. Kniga, Voronezh, 2014), pp. 369–371 [in Russian].Google Scholar