Provenance sources of Upper Proterozoic and Lower Paleozoic clastic deposits of the Lesser Khingan terrane, Central Asian fold belt: U–Pb (LA–ICP–MS) geochronological results
- 23 Downloads
The ages of detrital zircons from sandstones and silty sandstones from conditionally Upper Proterozoic–Cambrian rocks have been obtained for the first time. These deposits are united in the Khingan Group and are one of the most ancient formations in the Lesser Khingan terrane in the eastern part of the Central Asian fold belt. These data along with relationships with granitoids imply that the ages of the Muranda and underlying Igincha Formations range within the Tonian–Ediacaran time span, while the age of the Kimkan unit is Late Cambrian–Early Ordovician. Given that the Muranda and Igincha Formations, on the one hand, and the Kimkan unit, on the other hand, are substantially different in age and structurally separated by granitoids intruded at the Ediacaran–Cambrian boundary, we should accept that they cannot be regarded as a single sedimentary sequence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Parfenov, N. A. Berzin, A. I. Khanchuk, et al., Tikhookean. Geol. 22 (6), 7–41 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Mossakovskii, S. V. Ruzhentsev, S. G. Samygin, and T. N. Kheraskova, Geotektonika, No. 6, 3–32 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.S. N. Dobkin, State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1: 200 000, the 2nd Generation, Ser. Bureinskaya, Sheet No. M-52-30 (Obluch’e), Ed. by A. F. Vas’kin (Karpinsky Rus. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2000).Google Scholar
- 4.Geodynamic, Magmatism and Metallogeny of Russian East, Ed. by A. I. Khanchuk (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2006), Book 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Selivanov, N. N. Svyatogorova, L. A. Baskakova, et al., State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1: 1 000 000, Sheet No. M-52(53) Blagoveshchensk, Ed. by E. M. Zablotskii (Karpinsky Rus. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 1995).Google Scholar
- 6.Decisions of 4th Interdepartmental Regional Stratigraphical Conference on Precambrian and Phanerozoe of the South of Far East and Eastern Transbaikal. Set of Scheme (Dal’geologiya, Khabarovsk, 1994).Google Scholar
- 14.K. R. Ludwig, ISOPLOT/Ex. Ver. 2.06: A Geochronological Toolkit for Microsoft Excel. Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication No. 1a (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, CA, 1999).Google Scholar