First find of nephrite with accessory minerals of the platinum group
- 29 Downloads
The relic minerals of the platinum group (MPG) were found for the first time in nephrite of tremolite–diopside composition associated genetically with the boninite dike of the Gorlyk-Gol deposit. This latter is confined to a segment of the zone of serpentinite mélange in the southern part of the Ospinsko–Kitoi ultrabasite massif in the East Sayan ophiolite belt. The micro- and nanophases of MPG were identified: rutheniridosmine with Ni and Fe admixtures, ruthenium, rutheniridium, iridoarsenite, omeiite, and laurite. The MPG sources are chromium spinels from harzburgites and dunites of the Ospinsko–Kitoi massif subjected to deforming transformations in the zone of the serpentinite mélange.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. A. Suturin and R. S. Zamaletdinov, Nephrites (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Tatarinov, G. P. Kiziyarov, L. L. Zav’yalova, and S. B. Brandt, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 250 (2), 433–438 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Sekerin, N. V. Sekerina, and Yu. V. Men’shagin, Otechestvennaya Geol., No. 11, 43–49 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.N. L. Dobretsov, E. G. Konnikov, E. V. Sklyarov, and V. N. Medvedev, Geol. Geofiz., No. 12, 29–35 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Ya. Medvedev and L. A. Ivanova, Fluid Mode of Nephrite Formation (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Suturin, Geochemistry of East Sayan Ultrabasites (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Simonov, N. L. Dobretsov, and M. M. Buslov, Geol. Geofiz. 35 (7–8), 182–198 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.D. A. Orsoev, N. D. Tolstykh, and E. V. Kislov, Zap. Vseross. Mineral. O-va 130 (4), 61–71 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.S. M. Zhmodik, A. G. Mironov, and A. S. Zhmodik, Gold-Accumulating Systems of Ophiolitic Belts (by the Example of Sayan-Baikal-Muya Belt) (Geo, Novosibirsk, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Goncharenko and A. I. Chernyshov, Deformation Structure and Petrology of Nephrite-Bearing Ultrabasites (Tomsk State Univ., Tomsk, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar