New data on the composition of tagamites of the Popigai astrobleme
- 27 Downloads
New data on the composition of tagamites (impact melt rocks) of the Popigai atsrobleme (Siberia) are presented. The preliminary results support the following major conclusions: (1) the matrix of the studied tagamites is crystallized and is composed of identified minerals; (2) the degree of the matrix crystallization and the amount of inclusions in tagamites can vary significantly; (3) tagamites are identical to the intracrater gneisses of the Popigai astrobleme by the REE contents and are distinct from them by significantly lower SiO2 and higher Al2O3, FeO, MgO, and CaO contents; (4) the Popigai tagamites and intracrater gneisses are enriched in Ni (on average) in comparison with gneisses of the Khapchan Group; and (5) the various (often sufficient) degrees of crystallization of tagamites indicate the duration of the cooling of the melt, when diamonds could possibly have been dissolved.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Masaitis, A. N. Danilin, M. S. Mashchak, et al., Geology of Astroblemes (Nedra, Leningrad, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. L. Masaitis, M. S. Mashchak, A. I. Raikhlin, T. V. Selivanovskaya, and G. I. Shafranovskii, Diamond-Bearing Impactites of Popigai Astrobleme (Karpinsky Rus. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Vishnevsky, I. Raitala, N. A. Gibsher, T. Ökhman, and N. A. Pal’chik, Russ. Geol. Geophys. 47 (6), 715–733 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Massaitis, M. V. Naumov, and M. S. Mashchak, Geol. Soc. Am., Spec. Pap. 339, 1–17 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Vishnevsky and A. Montanari, Geol. Soc. Am., Spec. Pap. 339, 19–59 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Vishnevskii, Candidate’s Dissertation in Geology and Mineralogy (Inst. Geol. Geophys. Siberian Br. USSR Acad. Sci., Novosibirsk, 1978).Google Scholar
- 11.O. M. Rozen, V. P. Andreev, A. N. Belov, et al., The Archaean of Anabarskii Craton and Problems on Early Evolution of the Earth (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.S. A. Vishnevskii, Astroblemes (Nonparel’, Novosibirsk, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.M. I. Rabkin, Geology and Petrology of Anabarskii Crystalline Craton (Gosgeoltekhizdat, Moscow, 1959) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.B. G. Lutts, Mobile Belts Magmatism of the Early Earth (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.D. D. Val’ter, E. K. Eremenko, V. N. Kvasnitsa, and Yu. D. Polkanov, Shock Metamorphized Carbon Minerals (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar