U–Th age of the Kazantsevo (MIS 5) Horizon of the Upper Neopleistocene Ust Oda reference section, Baikal Region
- 19 Downloads
For the first time, the organic sediments of the Kazantsevo Horizon (Baikal Region) were characterized geochronometrically. The 230Th/U age of the buried gyttias from the Upper Neopleistocene Ust Oda stratotypical section on the Kitoi River was determined using a new version of isochronous approximation. The assemblage of all the 230Th/U age data, which were obtained taking into account the errors in the entire range from 136 to 86 kyr, indicates that most likely gyttia age is 115–104 kyr (MIS 5d). Thus, the paleontological conclusions on the Kazantsevo age of the Ust Oda Formation with buried gyttias are confirmed. Our geochronometric data supplement and make more reliable the age model of the formation of sedimentary rocks of the Ust Oda section.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. K. Molotkov, Problems on Geomorphology of Eastern Siberia (Irkutsk, 1979), pp. 114–122 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Filippov, M. A. Erbaeva, and F. I. Khenzykhenova, The Way to Use Upper Cainozoic Small Mammals from the South of East Siberia in Stratigraphy (East- Siberian Sci., Res, Inst. Geol., Geophys., Miner. Raw Mater., Irkutsk, 1995) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Shchetnikov, A. M. Klement’ev, E. Yu. Semenei, et al., Baik. Zool. Zh., No. 2 (10), 5–10 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.Kh. A. Arslanov, N. E. Berdnikova, G. A. Vorob’eva, et al., in Quaternary Period in Its All Variety (Kola Scientific Center Russ. Acad. Sci., Apatity, 2011), Vol. 1, pp. 39–42 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. Yu. Kazanskii, G. G. Matasova, A. A. Shchetnikov, et al., Palaeomagnetism and Rocks Magmatism (Kazan State Univ., Kazan, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Geyh, Geochronometria 20, 9–14 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.F. E. Maksimov and V. Yu. Kuznetsov, Vestn. St. Petersburg. Gos. Univ., Ser. 7: Geol. Geogr., No. 4, 94–107 (2010).Google Scholar