Polychronous zirconology of syenites from the Avashla intrusion in the Kurgass anticline (Southern Urals)
- 24 Downloads
Zircons were separated from syenites of the Avashla intrusion in the Kurgass anticline of the Bashkir megaanticlinorium in the Southern Urals. The obtained samples were dated using the U–Pb procedure by means of a SHRIMP II ion microprobe. The integrated mineralogical, geochemical, and isotope studies of zircons resulted in primary data on the origin and current conditions of zircons in syenites of the Avashla intrusion. The relics of early zircon generations (1320–1340 Ma) allowed us to specify the geological position of syenites along with the stratigraphic location of the enclosing sedimentary rocks. The time of the transformation (metamorphism) of the zircons at the Middle–Upper Riphean boundary is represented by a dating of 1097±20 Ma, which is of importance for specifying the boundary age and for revealing a geological event that started a new development stage of the stratoregion in the Upper Riphean.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. D. Smirnov, in Scientific Works of All-Union Geol. Sci. Res. Inst. (Leningrad, 1961), Vol. 67, pp. 3–57.Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Klochikhin and A. V. Buryachenko, Geological Map 1: 200 000, Ser. South-Ural, Sheet No. N-40-28, Explanatory Note (Nedra, Moscow, 1966).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Kozlov, A. A. Krasnobaev, N. N. Larionov, A. V. Maslov, N. D. Sergeeva, E. V. Bibikova, L. A. Genina, and Yu. L. Ronkin, Lower Riphean of South Urals (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Alekseev, Riphean-Vendian Magmatism of Western Hill-Side for South Urals (Nauka, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. D. Smirnov, N. G. Borovko, N. P. Verbitskaya, N. A. Rumyantseva, N. B. Bekasov, V. P. Gorskii, Yu. B. Evdokimov, and M. I. Luk’yanova, Geology and Paleography of Urals Western Hill-Side (Nedra, Leningrad, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Williams, in Reviews in Economic Geology, Vol. 7: Applications in Microanalytical Techniques to Understanding Mineralizing Processes, Ed. by M. A. McKibben, W. C. Shanks III, and W. I. Ridley (Geol. Sci. Res. Inst., Littleton, CO, 1998), pp. 1–35.Google Scholar
- 7.Annexes for the Russian Federation Stratigraphical Code (Karpinsky Rus. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar