Middle Triassic age of metarhyolite of the Bondikha Formation, Argun Continental Massif, Central Asian Fold Belt
- 26 Downloads
Research works carried out for the first time made it possible to determine the age of one of the key geological complexes in the Argun Continental Massif (Central Asian Fold Belt). It has been found that the metarhyolite of the Bondikha Formation is not Middle–Late Riphean, as previously thought, but is of Middle Triassic age (242 ± 6 Ma). Based upon the geochemical characteristics of the volcanics and regional geology of the Bondikha Formation, it can be assumed that they formed during one of the stages of subduction processes in the history of the Mongol–Okhotsk Fold Belt.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Didenko, A. A. Mossakovskii, D. M. Pecherskii, et al., Geol. Geofiz., No. 7–8, 59–75 (1994).Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Parfenov, N. A. Berzin, A. I. Khanchuk, et al., Tikhookean. Geol. 22 (6), 7–41 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Petruk, M. N. Shilova, S. A. Kozlov, and S. A. Novchenko, State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1: 100 000, the 3rd Generation, Ser. Far- Eastern, Sheet No. N-51 (Skovorodino) (Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2009).Google Scholar
- 12.K. R. Ludwig, PbDat for MS-DOS. Ver. 1.21, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Rep. No. 88-542 (1991).Google Scholar
- 13.K. R. Ludwig, ISOPLOT/Ex. Ver. 2.06: A Geochronological Toolkit for Microsoft Excel. Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication No. 1a (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, CA, 1999).Google Scholar
- 14.R. H. Steiger and E. Jager, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 36 (2), 359–362 (1976).Google Scholar