A control algorithm for an adaptive optics system based on the focal spot radius minimization
A control algorithm for adaptive optics systems using the focal spot of a light beam is suggested. The algorithm is based on the analytical relationship between the spot radius and a change in shape of the deformable mirror surface. A numerical simulation has been carried out, which verifies this relationship and its applicability to the wavefront correction. Some experimental results confirm the algorithm applicability for practical use.
Keywordscontrol algorithm adaptive optics system focal spot numerical simulation wavefront second-order aberrations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. Vorontsov and V. I. Shmal’gauzen, Principles of Adaptive Optics (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.R. K. Tyson, Principles of Adaptive Optics (CRC Press, London; New York, 2011), 3rd ed.Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Vorontsov, A. V. Koryabin, and V. I. Shmal’-gauzen, Controllable Optical Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.O. Lundh, “Control of laser focusing using a deformable mirror and a genetic algorithm,” in Lund Reports on Atomic Physics (Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, 2003), Vol. 82.Google Scholar
- 7.I. V. Malafeeva and S. S. Chesnokov, “Simplex search for optimal phase when adaptive focusing optical beams in a turbulent nonlinear medium,” in Abstr. of the VII Intern. Conf. “Optics of Lasers”, St. Peterburg, June 21–25, 1993, p. 414.Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Malafeeva, I. E. Telpukhovskii, and S. S. Chesnokov, “Dynamic correction of nonstationary windinduced refraction based on the simplex method,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 5 (4), 265–267 (1992).Google Scholar
- 12.L. N. Lavrinova and V. P. Lukin, Adaptive Correction of Laser Radiation Thermal and Turbulent Distortions Using a Deformable Mirror (Publishing House of IAO SB RAS, Tomsk, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. P. Kandidov, D. P. Krindach, O. A. Mitrofanov, V. V. Popov, and Yu. S. Solyanik, “The efficiency of modal control of the laser beam phase,” Atmos. Opt. 4 (12), 867–872 (1991).Google Scholar
- 14.O. I. Shanin, Adaptive Optics Systems for Slope Correction. Resonance Adaptive Optics (Tekhnosfera, Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.S. P. Timoshenko, Course of the Elasticity Theory (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.S. P. Timoshenko and S. Voinovskii-Kriger, Plates and Shells (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.S. A. Rodionov, Fundamentals of Optics. Lecture Notes (ITMO, St. Petersburg, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar