Anodic Synthesis of New Benzofuran Derivatives Using Active Methylene Group at Platinum Electrode
- 24 Downloads
A facile and Eco-compatible synthesis of benzofuran derivatives (4a–4h) has been carried out at platinum electrode by electrochemical oxidation of catechol in the presence of active methylene groups. Electro- organic synthesis has been performed in an undivided cell at ambient conditions. The products of electrolysis have been purified and characterized by FTIR, 1H NMR and 13C NMR and mechanism was deduced by voltammetric studies.
Keywordsanodic oxidation catechol Michael addition controlled potential electrolysis (CPE) cyclic voltammetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Rao, C.V., Desai, D., and Reddy, B.S., Chemoprevention of colon carcinogenesis by phenylethyl-3-methylcaffeate, Cancer Res., 1995, vol. 55, p. 2310.Google Scholar
- 5.Fung-Tomc, J., Bush, K., and Bonner, R.E.D., Antibacterial activity of BMS-180680, a new catechol-containing monobactam, Antimicrob, Agents Chemother., 1997, vol. 41, p. 1010.Google Scholar
- 10.Schweigert, N., Zehnder, A.J.B., and Eggen, R.I.L., Acid/base and hydrogen bonding effects on the protoncoupled electron transfer of quinones and hydroquinones in acetonitrile: Mechanistic investigation by voltammetry, 1H NMR and computation, Environ. Microbial., 2001, vol. 3, p. 81.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.AMICBASE-ESSOIL Database on Natural Antimicrobials, Germany: Review Science, 1999–2002.Google Scholar
- 24.Fry, J., Synthetic Organic Electrochemistry, New York: Wiley, 1989.Google Scholar
- 25.Sharma, L.K., Singh, S., and Singh, R.K.P., A Novel and facile environmentally benign oxidative electrocyclization of acylthiosemicarbazone into biodynamic 1,3,4-oxadiazoles, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 2011, vol. 88, p. 155.Google Scholar
- 26.Sharma, L.K., Singh, S., and Singh, R.K.P., Green synthesis of 2-amino-5-substituted-1,3,4-oxadiazoles at the platinum anode in acetic acid, Indian J. Chem. B, 2011, vol. 50, p. 110.Google Scholar