The creation of high-yield animal and poultry breeds and crosses
- 17 Downloads
As a result of recent basic research by teams of research institutions of the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations (FASO Russia) in coordination with institutes of the Russian Ministry of Agriculture, the Russian Academy of Sciences, and regional pedigree enterprises, new breeding forms in cattle raising, hog farming, sheep farming, horse breeding, fishery, and poultry farming have been created and assimilated. Traditional breeds that ensure import substitution of genetic resources of animals necessary to intensify meat and dairy production have been improved. In recent decades, more than 40 new and improved breeding forms of animals have been created, providing for about two-thirds of the total gain of livestock products per year.
Keywordshigh-yield breeds and crosses breeding forms molecular–genetic mechanisms nutritional genomics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Serebrovskii, Selected Works on Genetics and Chicken Breeding (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.M. F. Ivanov, Complete Collection of Works (Kolos, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Ivanov, Selected Works (Kolos, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. K. Milovanov, Artificial Insemination Technology and Livestock Reproduction Biology (Kolos, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Fisinin and V. V. Kalashnikov, “Zootechnical science in Russia,” Dostizh. Nauki Tekh. APK, No. 6, 16–19 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Fisinin, V. V. Kalashnikov, and V. A. Bagirov, “Scientific support for the development of Russia’s animal husbandry in 2008–2012,” Dostizh. Nauki Tekh. APK, No. 10, 3–6 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Fisinin, Russia’s Poultry Farming: The Strategy of Innovative Development (Rossel’khozakademiya, Moscow, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.L. K. Ernst and N. I. Sergeev, Livestock Embryo Transfer (Agropromizdat, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.L. K. Ernst and A. I. Zhigachev, Monitoring Genetic Diseases in Animals and within a Large-Scale Breeding System (Rossel’khozakademiya, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar