Computation of Traveling Waves in a Heterogeneous Medium with Two Pressures and a Gas Equation of State Depending on Phase Concentrations
A fine structure theory of shock waves occurring in a gas–particle mixture was developed using an Anderson-type model with allowance for different phase pressures and with an equation of state for the gas component depending on the mean densities of both phases. The conditions for the formation of various types of shock waves based on the different speeds of sound in the phases were indicated. A high-order accurate TVD scheme was developed to prove the stability of some types of shock waves. The scheme was used to implement steadily propagating shock waves found in the stationary approximation, namely, shock waves of dispersive, frozen, and dispersive-frozen structures with one or two fronts.
Keywordsheterogeneous media with high particle concentrations shock wave structure numerical methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Fedorov, V. M. Fomin, and Yu. A. Gosteev, Dynamics and Ignition of Gas Mixtures (Novosibirsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., Novosibirsk, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Fedorov, V. M. Fomin, and T. A. Khmel’, “Heterogeneous detonation,” Combustion Laws, Ed. by Yu. V. Polezhaev (Energomash, Moscow, 2006), pp. 276–302 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Fedorov, V. M. Fomin, and T. A. Khmel’, Wave Processes in Gas Suspensions of Metallic Particles (Parallel’, Novosibirsk, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Kazakov, A. V. Fedorov, and V. M. Fomin, “Structure of isothermal shock waves in gas suspensions,” in Problems in the Theory of Porous Media Flows and Mechanics of Oil Production Enhancement (Moscow, 1987), p. 108 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Fedorov and V. M. Fomin, “On the theory of combination discontinuities in gas suspensions,” in Physical Gas Dynamics of Reacting Media (Novosibirsk, 1990), pp. 128–134 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.T. A. Khmel and A. V. Fedorov, “Modeling of shock wave and detonation processes in collisional particle suspensions in gas,” Proceedings of the 24th ICDERS, July 28–August 2, 2013 (Taipei, Taiwan, 2013).Google Scholar
- 8.T. A. Khmel’ and A. V. Fedorov, “Molecular-kinetic description of dynamic processes in two-phase collisional media,” Fiz. Goren. Vzryva 50 (2), 81–93 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.A. V. Fedorov, “Structure of shock waves in heterogeneous medium with two pressures,” Fiz. Goren. Vzryva 51 (6), 62–71 (2015).Google Scholar
- 16.O. A. Oleinik, “Discontinuous solutions of nonlinear differential equations,” Usp. Mat. Nauk 12 (3), 3–73 (1957).Google Scholar
- 18.S. R. Chakravathy and S. Osher, “New class of high accuracy TVD schemes for hyperbolic conservation laws,” AAIA Paper, No. 85 (0363) (1983).Google Scholar