Experimental study of pressure pulsations in the flow duct of a medium-size model hydroelectric generator with Francis turbine
- 3 Downloads
In the present study, we report on the results of an experimental study of pressure pulsations in the flow duct of a medium-scale hydrodynamic bench with Francis turbine. In various regimes, integral and pulsation characteristics of the turbine were measured. With the help of high-speed filming, the structure of the flow behind the turbine runner was analyzed, and the influence of this structure on the intensity and frequency of pressure pulsations in the flow duct was demonstrated.
Keywordspressure pulsations vortex precession Francis hydroturbine high-head hydroelectric power station
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Dorfler, M. Sick, and A. Coutu, Flow-Induced Pulsation and Vibration in Hydroelectric Machinery, London, Springer-Verlag, 2012.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Platonov, A. Minakov, D. Dekterev, A. Sentyabov, and A. Dekterev, Numerical and experimental study of low-frequency pressure pulsations in hydraulic units with Francis turbine, J. Phys.: Conf. Series, 2016, Vol. 754, P. 754–062007–062007–6.Google Scholar
- 6.A.V. Minakov, A.V. Sentyabov, D.V. Platonov, A.A. Dekterev, and A.A. Gavrilov, Numerical modeling of flow in the Francis-99 turbine with Reynolds stress model and detached eddy simulation method, J. Phys.: Conf. Series, 2015, Vol. 579, P. 579–012004–012004–15.Google Scholar
- 7.S.V. Alekseenko, A.A. Dektyarev, I.V. Litvinov, A.V. Minakov, I.M. Pylev, A.I. Shandro, and S.I. Shtork, Nu-merical and experimental modeling of the flow in the suction tube of hydroturbine, Zh. Sibirskogo Federalnogo Universiteta, ser. Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya, 2011, No. 5, P. 489–502.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Platonov, A. Minakov, and D. Dekterev, The study of the influence of stabilizing devices on the pressure pul-sations at the free discharge of water through the turbine, MATEC Web of Conferences, 2017, Vol. 115, No. 06002, P. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Favrel, C. Landry, A. Müller, K. Yamamoto, and F. Avellan, Hydro-acoustic resonance behavior in presence of a precessing vortex rope: observation of a lock in phenomenon at part load Francis turbine operation, IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Sci, 2014, Vol. 22, P. 22–032035–032035–9.Google Scholar
- 14.D. Platonov, D. Dekterev, A. Minakov, and A. Maslennikova, An experimental study of aperiodic pressure pulses in Francis turbine, J. Phys.: Conf. Series, 2017, Vol. 899, P. 899–1022013–022013–6.Google Scholar