New Technological Platform for the National Nuclear Energy Strategy Development
- 18 Downloads
The paper considers the need to update the development strategy of Russia’s nuclear power industry and various approaches to the large-scale nuclear power development. Problems of making decisions on fast neutron reactors and closed nuclear fuel cycle (NFC) arrangement are discussed. The current state of the development of fast neutron reactors and closed NFC technologies in Russia is considered and major problems are highlighted.
Keywordsfast neutron reactor closed nuclear fuel cycle economy competitiveness BREST BN-1200 CNFC Proryv project
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Development Strategy of the Russian Nuclear Power Industry for the First Half of the XXI Century. Main Provisions (Minatom Rossii, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.E. P. Velikhov, A. Yu. Gagarinskii, S. A. Subbotin, and V. F. Tsibul’skii, Russia in the Global Power Industry of the XXI Century (IzdAt, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.E. O. Adamov, A. V. Dzhalavyan, A. V. Lopatkin, N. A. Molokanov, E. V. Murav’ev, V. V. Orlov, S. G. Kalyakin, V. I. Rachkov, V. M. Troyanov, E. N. Avrorin, V. B. Ivanov, and R. M. Aleksakhin, Conceptual Provisions of the Development Strategy of the Russian Nuclear Power Industry in Prospect up to 2100 (NIKIET, Moscow, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Rachkov, Fundamentals of the Theory of Hazardous Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.E. O. Adamov, L. A. Bol’shov, I. Kh. Ganev, A. V. Zrodnikov, A. K. Kuznetsov, A. V. Lopatkin, A. M. Mastepanov, V. V. Orlov, V. I. Rachkov, V. S. Smirnov, M. I. Solonin, V. V. Uzhanova, N. A. Chernoplekov, and G. E. Shatalov, White Book of Nuclear Power Engineering (NIKIET, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.E. O. Adamov, V. I. Rachkov, et al., “Choice of coolant for nuclear power plant with inherent safety,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk Energ., No. 6, 3−14 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.E. O. Adamov, L. M. Zabud’ko, V. I. Matveev, V. I. Rachkov, V. M. Troyanov, Yu. S. Khomyakov, and V. N. Leonov, “Comparative study of advantages and disadvantages of the use of metal and mixed nitride uranium- plutonium fuel in fast reactors,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk., Energ., No. 2, 3−15 (2015).Google Scholar