Some solvability problems for the Boltzmann equation in the framework of the Shakhov model
- 19 Downloads
We consider the nonlinear Boltzmann equation in the framework of the Shakhov model for the classical problem of gas flow in a plane layer. The problem reduces to a system of nonlinear integral equations. The nonlinearity of the studied system can be partially simplified by passing to a new argument depending on the solution of the problem itself. We prove the existence theorem for a unique solution of the linear system and the existence theorem for a positive solution of the nonlinear Urysohn equation. We determine the temperature jumps on the lower and upper walls in the linear and nonlinear cases, and it turns out that the difference between them is rather small.
Keywordsnonlinearity monotonicity model equation iteration temperature jump kinetic thickness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. M. Shakhov, “On the generalization of the Krook kinetic equation [in Russian],” Izv. AN SSSR. Ser. MZhG, No. 5, 142–145 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Titarev, “Conservative numerical methods for advanced model kinetic equations,” in: ECCOMAS CFD 2006: Proc. European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (TU Delft, The Netherlands, 2006, E. Onate, P. Wessling, and, J. Periaux, eds.), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands (2006), pp. 1–13.Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Ambartsumyan, “On some nonlinear problems of the theory of radiative transfer [in Russian],” in: Theory of Stellar Spectra (V. V. Sobolev, V. G. Gorbatskii, and V. V. Ivanov, eds.), Nauka, Moscow, pp. 91–104.Google Scholar
- 15.A. Kh. Khachatryan, “On the analytical-numerical solution of the Couette problem in the framework of the BGK model of the Boltzmann equation in the nonlinear and linear cases [in Russian],” Vestn. Rossiisko–Armyanskogo (Slavyanskogo) Universiteta, 2, 16–32 (2014).Google Scholar
- 16.O. A. Kolenchits, Thermal Accomodation of Gas–Solid Systems [in Russian], Izdat. Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1977).Google Scholar