Quasispaces induced by vector fields measurable in ℝ3
- 27 Downloads
We study some metric functions that are induced by a class of basis vector fields in ℝ3 with measurable coordinates. These functions are proved to be quasimetrics in the domain of definition of the vector fields. Under some natural constraints, the Rashevsky-Chow Theorem and the Ball-Box Theorem are established for the classes of vector fields we consider.
Keywordsvector field quasimetric generalized triangle inequality horizontal curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Montanari A. and Morbidelli D., “Nonsmooth Hörmander vector fields and their controlled balls,” arxiv.org.2008.0812.2369v1.Google Scholar
- 7.Rashevsky P. K., “About the possibility to connect any two points of a completely nonholonomic space by an admissible curve,” Uchen. Zap. Mosk. Ped. Inst. Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauk, 3, No. 2, 83–94 (1938).Google Scholar
- 10.Stein E. M., “Some geometrical concepts arising in harmonic analysis,” in: GAFA 2000. Visions in Mathematics-Towards 2000. Proceedings of a Meeting, Tel Aviv, Israel, August 25–September 3, 1999. Part I, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2000, pp. 434–453.Google Scholar
- 12.Nemytskiĭ V. V. and Stepanov V. V., Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations [in Russian], Gostekhizdat, Moscow and Leningrad (1949).Google Scholar
- 18.Montanari A. and Morbidelli D., “Step-s involutive families of vector fields, their orbits and the Poincaré inequality,” available at arxiv.org. 2012. 1106.2410v2.Google Scholar
- 19.Bonfiglioli A., Lanconelli E., and Uguzzoni F., Stratified Lie Groups and Potential Theory for Their Sub-Laplacian, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and Heidelberg (2007).Google Scholar
- 22.Sansone G., Ordinary Differential Equations. Vol. 2 [Russian translation], Izdat. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1954).Google Scholar