Calculating the Entropy of Solid and Liquid Metals, Based on Acoustic Data
The entropies of iron, cobalt, rhodium, and platinum are studied for the first time, based on acoustic data and using the Debye theory and rigid-sphere model, from 298 K up to the boiling point. A formula for the melting entropy of metals is validated. Good agreement between the research results and the literature data is obtained.
Keywordsentropy solid and liquid metals melting entropy ultrasonic velocity characteristic temperature structure factor packing density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thermodynamical Properties of Individual Substances, The Handbook (Nauka, Moscow, 1979–1981) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.E. I. Khar’kov, V. I. Lysov, and V. E. Fedorov, Physics of Liquid Metals (Vishcha Shkola, Kiev, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Tekuchev, L. N. Rygalov, I. V. Ivanova, and B. I. Barashkov, Metally, No. 5, 56 (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Tekuchev, B. I. Barashkov, L. N. Rygalov, and Yu. S. Dolzhikov, Russ. Metall. (Metally) 2001, 354 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Tekuchev, Acoustic and Physicochemical Properties of Metallic Melts (IUNL VolgGTU, Volgograd, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Tekuchev, Acoustic and Physicochemical Properties of Electronic Melts (IUNL VolgGTU, Volgograd, 2016) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.D. R. Wilson, The Structure of Liquid Metals and Alloys (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.D. K. Belashchenko and Yu. V. Skorlukhina, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A 74, 718 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.A. R. Regel’ and V. M. Glazov, Periodic Table and Physical Properties of Electronic Melts (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Physical Values, Ed. by I. S. Grigor’ev and E. Z. Meilikhov (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.M. I. Shakhparonov, Introduction to the Modern Chemistry of Solutions (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.A. R. Ubbelohde, The Molten State of Matter (Wiley, New York 1978; Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar