Determining Role of the Chain Mechanism in the Temperature Dependence of the Gas-Phase Rate of Combustion Reactions
- 13 Downloads
It is shown that the strong dependence of the rate of gas-phase combustion reactions on temperature is determined by the high values of the reaction rate constants of free atoms and radicals. It is established that with a branched chain mechanism, a special role in the reaction rate temperature dependence is played by positive feedback between the concentrations of active intermediate species and the rate of their change. The role of the chemical mechanism in the temperature dependence of the process rate with and without inhibitors is considered.
Keywordsreaction rate gas-phase combustion inhibitors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Semenov, Selected Works (Nauka, Moscow, 2005), Vol. 3 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.D. A. Frank-Kamenetskii, Diffusion and Heat Exchange in Chemical Kinetics (Nauka, Moscow, 1987; Springer, Heidelberg, 1995).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Azatyan, J. Chem. Chem. Eng. 7, 577 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Petrova, V. V. Azatyan, A. N. Baratov, et al., in Combustion and Explosion (Nauka, Moscow, 1977), p. 625 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Azatyan, Chain Reactions in Processes of Combustion, Explosion, and Detonation (Russ. Acad. Sci., Moscow, 2017) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. Lewis and G. von Elbe, Combustion, Flames and Explosions of Gases (Academic, New York, London, 1987).Google Scholar
- 12.P. P. Kukin, V. V. Yushin, and S. G. Emel’yanov, The Theory of Combustion and Explosion (Yurait, Moscow, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.Chemical Encyclopedy (Sov. Entsiklopediya, Moscow, 1988), Vol. 1, p. 1164 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 21.V. N. Kondrat’ev and E. E. Nikitin, Chemical Processes in Gases (Nauka, Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].Google Scholar