Iron Extraction with Di(2-Ethylhexyl)dithiophosphoric Acid and a Binary Extractant Based on It
- 14 Downloads
Iron(III) extraction with trioctylmethylammonium di(2-ethylhexyl)dithiophosphate and di(2- ethylhexyl)dithiophosphoric acid was studied. It was shown that di(2-ethylhexyl)dithiophosphoric acid extracts iron in the form of the complex FeA2, regardless of the oxidation state of iron in the initial aqueous solution. It was also shown that the iron(III) extraction with trioctylmethylammonium di(2-ethylhexyl)dithiophosphate over a wide acidity range occurs primarily to produce extractable substance (R4N)FeCl4; and at pH > 1, iron(II) dialkyldithiophosphate is also extracted into the organic phase. It was established that, in a system with a binary extractant, iron can be efficiently stripped from the organic phase with water or diluted solutions of mineral acids.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.A. I. Khol’kin and V. I. Kuz’min, Zh. Neorg. Khim. 27, 2070 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Voshkin, V. V. Belova, and A. I. Khol’kin, Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 48, 608 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. A. Zolotov, A. I. Khol’kin, V. V. Belova, et al., Khim. Tekhnol., No. 7, 14 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Voshkin, V. V. Belova, A. I. Khol’kin, and A. Agraval, Khim. Tekhnol., No. 11, 28 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.I. S. Levin, V. V. Sergeeva, V. A. Tarasova, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim. 18, 1643 (1973).Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Kuz’min, T. A. Klimkina, and V. N. Kuz’mina, Russ. J. Appl. Chem. 72, 977 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.P. P. Korostelev, Photometric and Complexometric Analysis in Metallurgy: A Handbook (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.Yu. A. Zolotov, B. Z. Iofa, and L. K. Chuchalin, Extraction of Halide Complexes of Metals (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. A. Zolotov, I. V. Seryakova, I. I. Antipova-Karataeva, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim. 7, 1197 (1962).Google Scholar
- 15.V. V. Belova, A. I. Khol’kin, T. I. Zhidkova, et al., Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 42, 773 (1997).Google Scholar
- 16.V. I. Kuz’min, T. A. Klimkina, and O. A. Logutenko, Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 43, 798 (1998).Google Scholar