Separation of palladium and europium upon extraction with phosphorylated calix- and thiacalixarenes from nitric acid and carbonate solutions
- 34 Downloads
Separate and concurrent extraction of palladium and europium from nitric acid and carbonate solutions with calix- and thiacalixarenes, their phosphorylated derivatives, and mixtures have been carried out. Charge state of sulfur and oxygen donor atoms in the extractants have been studied by XPS, XES, and quantum chemical calculations. It has been experimentally confirmed that the electronic structure of substituents at PO group has no effect of on the charge state of sulfur atoms in phosphorylated thiacalixarenes and assumption on the possible electronic effect of bridging sulfur atoms on the charge state of phosphoryl oxygen in bifunctional extractants has been made. These results substantiate the method of combined extraction of Pd and Eu from nitric acid solutions and their separation with factor 2 × 103 upon carbonate back extraction of europium and are of interest for simplified (Purex) and promising (Carbex) processes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. J. Ache, L. H. Baestle, R. P. Bush, et al., Tech. Rep. Ser. IAEA, Viena, No. 308, 41 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Kubota, Y. Morita, I. Yamaguchi, et al., in Proceedings of the 5th International Meeting on Actinide and Fission Product Partitioning and Transmutation, Mol, Belgium, 1988, p. 131.Google Scholar
- 4.J. F. Dozol, V. Bohmer, A. McKervey, et al., New macrocyclic extractants for radioactive waste treatment: ionizable crown ethers and functionalized calixarenes, EUR Report 17615 EN, 150 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.J. F. Dozol, M. J. Schwing-Weill, F. Arnaud-Neu, et al., Extraction and selective separation of long-lived nuclides by functionalized macrocycles, EUR Report 19605 EN, 198 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.I. V. Smirnov, M. D. Karavan, T. I. Efremova, et al., Radiokhimiya 49, 423 (2007).Google Scholar
- 17.L. N. Mazalov, N. A. Kryuchkova, E. A. Korotaev, et al., Zh. Strukt. Khim. 52, S40 (2011).Google Scholar
- 18.V. G. Torgov and G. A. Kostin, V. I. Kal’chenko, et al., Proceedings of the the 2nd Russian Conference “New Approaches in Chemical Engineering of Mineral Raw Materials: Application of Extraction and Sorption”, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2013, Part 1, p. 42.Google Scholar
- 19.I. V. Smirnov, E. S. Stepanova, A. B. Drapailo, et al., Radiokhimiya 58, 46 (2016).Google Scholar
- 20.V. G. Torgov, L. N. Mazalov, G. A. Kostin, et al., Zh. Strukt. Khim. 52, 740 (2011).Google Scholar