Boron, carbon, and aluminum supertetrahedral graphane analogues
- 46 Downloads
The electronic and spatial structures of carbon, boron, and aluminum supertetrahedrane models of graphane have been studied by means of density functional theory methods in the supermolecular approximation (B3LYP/6-311G(df,2p)) and with imposing periodic boundary conditions (PBEPBE/6-311G (d,p), HSEH1PBE/6-311G (d,p)). Calculations predict that pure boron and aluminum structures are narrow-gap semiconductors. For supertetrahedral carbon graphane, calculations predict properties intermediate between the semiconductor and insulator properties. All bonds in the carbon system are two-center two-electron (2с–2е), while for the boron system, intratetrahedrane bonds are three-center two-electron (3с–2е), and intertetrahedrane bonds are common two-center two-electron bonds (2с–2е).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 14.Z. A. Piazza, W.-L. Li, L.-S. Wang, et al., Nat. Commun. 5 (3113) (2014).Google Scholar
- 28.R. M. Minyaev, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 9, 1657 (2012).Google Scholar
- 29.J. B. Foresman and E. Frisch, Exploring Chemistry with Electronic Structure Methods, 2nd ed. (Gaussian, Inc., Pittsburgh, 1996).Google Scholar
- 30.M. J. Frisch, et al., Gaussian 09, Rev. D.01, Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford CT, 2013.Google Scholar
- 31.G. A. Zhurko and D. A. Zhurko, http://www.chemcraftprog. com (accessed January 23, 2011).Google Scholar