Increase in the Acceleration Efficiency of Solids in a Hybrid Coaxial Magnetoplasma Accelerator
It is shown that in a hybrid coaxial magnetoplasma accelerator with a channel length of 350 mm and a diameter of 23 mm, the acceleration velocity and the energy conversion efficiency increase as the length of the plasma structure formation channel filled with a gas-generating material decreases from 17 to 9 mm. It is found that it is reasonable to use paraffin as the gas-generating material as it has a less significant deionizing effect on the high-current arc discharge and hence causes a less significant decrease in the discharge current intensity and an increase in conductive and inductive electrodynamic forces.
Keywordshybrid coaxial magnetoplasma accelerator acceleration of solids plasma structure formation channel gas-generating material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Sivkov, “Hybrid Electromagnetic System for Acceleration of Solids,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 42 (1), 3–12 (2001) [J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 42 (1), 1–9 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Sivkov, RF Patent No. 2150652, 7 F 41 T 6100 “Sivkov Coaxial Accelerator,” Appl. 02.24.1999; Publ. 06.10.2000, Bull. No.16.Google Scholar
- 3.E. S. Levin, Petroleum Products: Handbook (Khimiya, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.D. Yu. Gerasimov and A. A. Sivkov, “Electroerosive Wear of the Barrel of a Coaxial Hybrid Magnetoplasma Accelerator in the Acceleration of Solids,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 53 (1), 162–169 (2012) [J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 53 (1), 140–146 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Sivkov, D. Yu. Gerasimov, and A. S. Tsybina, “Electroerosive Production of Coating Material in a Coaxial Magnetoplasma Accelerator,” Elektrotekhnika, No. 6, 25–33 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.V. L. Korol’kov, A. A. Sivkov, and I. N. Astashkin, “Effect of Cutoff Current on Arc Control Conditions in an Explosive Commutator,” Elektrotekhnika, No. 5, 56–58 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Sivkov, “Explosive Switching and Electromagnetic Acceleration of Masses,” Doct. Dissertation in Tech. Sci. (Tomsk, 2002).Google Scholar