A High-Power S-Band RF Window for a Klystron
The calculation, measurements, and testing of a vacuum RF S-band window are described. Vacuum waveguide pillbox-type RF windows at a frequency of 2856 MHz, which were developed and manufactured at the works of the Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics (BINP), make it possible to replace the RF windows of the klystrons that are used in the injection complex of the BINP and can be applied in new designs in the fields of both RF-power sources and accelerator techniques. Tests were performed using 35-MW pulsed power and a pulse duration of 3.8 μs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jensen, A., Beebe, A.S., Fazio, M., Haase, A., Jongewaard, E., Pearson, C., Sprehn, D., Vlieks, A., and Whicker, L., in Proc. 2nd Int. Particle Accelerator Conf. (IPAC 2011), San Sebastian, Spain, 2011. http://www. slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/getdoc/slac-pub-16045.pdf.Google Scholar
- 2.Logatchev, P., Petrenko, A., Bolkhovityanov, D., Nikiforov, D., Levichev, A., Barnyakov, A., Novikov, A., Gambaryan, V., and Astrelina, K., in Proc. XXIV Russian Particle Accelerator Conf. (RuPAC 2014), Obninsk, 2014, p. 11, paper no. TUY02. http://epaper.kek.jp/rupac2014/papers/tuy02.pdf.Google Scholar
- 3.https://www.cst.com/.Google Scholar
- 4.http://www.nevz-ceramics.com/.Google Scholar
- 5.Valitov, R.A. and Sretenskii, V.N., Radioizmereniya na sverkhvysokih chastotah (Radio Measurements at Ultrahigh Frequencies), Moscow: Voen. Izd. Minist. Oborony SSSR, 1958.Google Scholar