Acoustic Waves of Various Geometry in Multi-Fraction Bubbly Liquids
- 7 Downloads
The propagation of acoustic waves of various geometry in mixtures of a liquid and a disperse phase consisting of small bubbles which differ from one another by both the radii and the thermophysical properties is investigated. A systemof differential equations of motion of the mixture is written and the dispersion relation is derived. The dispersion curves are constructed and damping of the pressure pulses is compared for the plane, cylindrical, and spherical waves in the bubbly liquids considered. The theory is compared with the experimental data.
Key wordsacoustic waves bubbly liquid heat-and-mass transfer dispersion relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Vols. 1 and 2 (Hemisphere,Washington, 1989; Nauka, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 2.V. E. Nakoryakov, B. G. Pokusaev, and I. R. Shreiber, Wave Propagation in Gas-and Vapor-LiquidMedia (ITF, Novosibirsk, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Gubaidullin, A. I. Ivandaev, R. I. Nigmatulin, and N. S. Kabeev, “Waves in the Liquids with Bubbles,” Itogi Nauki i Tekhniki. Ser. MLG, VINITI 17, 160–249 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.D. A. Gubaidullin and A. A. Nikiforov, “Acoustic Disturbances in a Mixture of a Liquid with Vapor and Gas Bubbles,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp. 48 (2), 170–175 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.R. I. Nigmatulin, A. A. Gubaidullin, and Yu. V. Fedorov, “Acoustic Waves of Various Geometry in Liquids with Polydisperse Gas Bubbles. Theory and Experiment,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk 450 (6), 665–669 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.D. A. Gubaidullin, A. A. Nikiforov, and R. N. Gafiyatov, “AcousticWaves inMulti-Fraction Bubbly Liquids,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp. 53 (2), 250–255 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.R. I. Nigmatulin, V. Sh. Shagapov, and N. K. Vakhitova, “Manifestation of the Carrier Phase Compressibility in the Case ofWave Propagation in a BubblyMedium,” Dokl.Akad. Nauk SSSR 304 (5), 1077–1081 (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Gaponov, “Software Package for the Fast Fourier Transform with Applications to the Simulation of Random Processes,” Preprint No. 14, Institute of Thermal Physics of the Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (Novosibirsk, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.D. A. Gubaidullin, Dynamics of Two-Phase Vapor-Gas-Droplet Media (Kazan Mat. Soc., Kazan, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar