A Computer Network with Fast Distributed Reconfiguration and Data Processing During Transfer
This paper considers a computer network with an extended functionality. The network is fully connected but only the currently necessary links are formed. The links are fast reconfigured, which allows for a repeated change of their structure subject to a solved problem. As shown below, such an approach significantly simplifies and accelerates the execution of massive operations with a simultaneous participation of many system devices. Using network resources only, it is possible to perform some types of distributed computing over data directly in the course of their transfer in the network. The examples of network usage and technical implementation of its basic components are given.
Keywordswireless optical network dynamic reconfiguration network computing distributed synchronization barrier synchronization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Stetsyura, G.G., Fast Execution of Parallel Algorithm on Digital System with Dynamically Formed Network Structures, Upravlen. Bol’sh. Sist., 2015, no. 57, pp. 53–75. URL:http://ubs.mtas.ru/upload/library/UBS5703.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 5.Stetsyura, G.G., Extending Functions of Switched Direct Optical Connections in Digital Systems, Upravlen. Bol’sh. Sist., 2015, no. 56, pp. 211–223. URL: http://ubs.mtas.ru/upload/library/UBS5610.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 6.Stetsyura, G.G., Method for Laser Wireless Retro-Reflector Distributed Optical Switching and System Therefor, Patent RU 2 580 667, Byull. Izobret., 2016, no.10.Google Scholar
- 8.Bardinal, V., Camps, T., Reig, B., at al. Collective Micro-Optics Technologies for VCSEL Photonic Integration, in Advances in Optical Technologies, 2011, Article ID 609643, DOI: 10.1155/2011/609643Google Scholar
- 10.Stetsyura, G.G., Method of Improving Fault-Tolerance of Distributed Optical Switching and Conflict-Free Wireless Retroreflection Switch Therefor, Patent RU 2 538 314, Byull. Izobret., 2015, no.1.Google Scholar