The invariance property of control systems with imperfect relay elements
- 69 Downloads
We consider the problem of ensuring the invariance property for a linear stationary system with relay controls. In the case of perfect relays, wide-class exogenous disturbances are compensated theoretically on the basis of sliding mode theory. Existing imperfections of relay elements make it impossible to implement a perfect sliding mode; thus, the closed-loop system has dynamics in a zero neighborhood of the given variety. This causes undesirable oscillations in a steady-state mode (“chattering”), leading to missed invariance with respect to exogenous and parametric disturbances. This paper solves the problem of ensuring invariance under imperfect relay elements and involves two approaches. The first one allows for making the relay characteristic close to that of the perfect counterpart (by means of increasing the feedback amplification coefficient); consequently, the chattering problem is eliminated. The second approach proceeds from the high-frequency modulation principle and performs regularization of relay switchings; using the linearization effect for the relay characteristics, the second approach guarantees the invariance property.
KeywordsRemote Control Operation Unit Invariance Property Switching Frequency Combine Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andreev, Yu.N., Upravlenie konechnomernymi lineinymi ob”ektami (Controlling Finite-dimensional Linear Objects), Moscow: Nauka, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Nguen Huang Hyng and Utkin, V.A., Control of DC Electric Motor, Autom. Remote Control, 2006, no. 5, pp. 767–782.Google Scholar
- 3.Sistemy avtomaticheskogo upravleniya s peremennoi strukturoi (Automated Control Systems with Variable Structure), Emel’yanov, S.V., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.Utkin, V.I., Skol’zyashchie rezhimy v zadachakh optimizatsii i upravleniya (Sliding Modes in Optimization and Control Problems), Moscow: Nauka, 1982.Google Scholar
- 8.Fel’dbaum, A.A., Elektricheskie sistemy avtomaticheskogo regulirovaniya (Electric Systems of Automatic Control), Moscow: Oborongiz, 1957.Google Scholar
- 9.Tsypkin, Ya.Z., Releinye avtomaticheskie sistemy (Automatic Relay Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1974.Google Scholar
- 13.Utkin, V.A., The Method of Dynamic Compensation in a Problem of Estimation of External Disturbances, Proc. SICPRO’06, Moscow, 2006, pp. 754–771.Google Scholar
- 14.Utkin, V.I., Guldner, J., and Shi, J., Sliding Mode Control in Electromechanical Systems, London: Tailor and Francis, 1999.Google Scholar