Optimal servicing strategy design problems for stationary objects in a one-dimensional working zone of a processor
- 34 Downloads
We introduce a model of one-stage service for a group of stationary objects located along a one-dimensional working zone of a moving processor. For the servicing, the processor sequentially performs two passes between boundary points of the working zone: the direct pass, servicing some of the objects, and the reverse pass, servicing all remaining objects of a group. With each object, we associate an individual penalty function that increases monotonely with the time of finishing its servicing. We formulate design problems for optimal servicing strategies, give algorithms of their solutions, and study the issues of computational complexity.
KeywordsRemote Control Optimal Criterion Strategy Versus Stationary Object Service Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tanaev, V.S., Gordon, V.S., and Shafransky, Ya.M., Teoriya raspisanii. Odnostadiinye sistemy (Scheduling Theory. Single-stage Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.Tanaev, V.S., Sotskov, Yu.N., and Strusevich, V.A., Teoriya raspisanii. Mnogostadiinye sistemy (Scheduling Theory. Multi-stage Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.Tanaev, V.S., Kovalyov, M.Ya., and Shafransky, Ya.M., Teoriya raspisanii. Gruppovye tekhnologii (Scheduling theory. Group technologies), Minsk: ITK, 1998.Google Scholar
- 6.Kogan, D.I., Fedosenko, Yu.S., and Shlyugaev, A.Yu., The Problem of Single-stage Servicing of Extracting Complexes in a Large-scale Water Basin, in Tr. V Mosk. mezhdunar. konf. po issledovaniyu operatsii (Proc. V Moscow International Conference on Operations Research (ORM2007)), Moscow: MAKS Press, 2007, pp. 60–62.Google Scholar
- 7.Kogan, D.I., Fedosenko, Yu.S., and Shlyugaev, A.Yu., A Mathematical Model and a Synthesis Algorithm for Suboptimal Schedules for Single-processor Servicing of a Spatially Distributed Group of Stationary Objects, in Tr. VI mezhdunar. konf. “Identifikatsiya sistem i zadachi upravleniya” (Proc. of the VI International conference “System identification and control problems”), Moscow: Inst. Probl. Upravlen., 2007, pp. 1026–1038.Google Scholar
- 8.Shen, H., Optimal Scheduling for Satellite Refueling in Circular Orbits, PhD Dissertation, Atlanta: School of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.Garey, M.R. and Johnson, D.S., Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NPCompleteness, San Francisco: Freeman, 1979. Translation under the title Vychislitel’nye mashiny i trudnoreshaemye zadachi, Moscow: Mir, 1982.Google Scholar