Parallelization of the global extremum searching process
- 33 Downloads
The parallel algorithm for searching the global extremum of the function of several variables is designed. The algorithm is based on the method of nonuniform coverings proposed by Yu.G. Evtushenko for functions that comply with the Lipschitz condition. The algorithm is realized in the language C and message passing interface (MPI) system. To speed up computations, auxiliary procedures for founding the local extremum are used. The operation of the algorithm is illustrated by the example of atomic cluster structure calculations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Voevodin, V.V. and Voevodin, Vl.V., Parallel’nye vychisleniya (Parallel Computing), St. Petersburg: BKhV-Peterburg, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Evtushenko, Yu.G. and Rat’kin, V.A., The Half-Division Method for the Global Function of Several Variables, Tekh. Kibern., 1987, no. 1, pp. 119–127.Google Scholar
- 5.Belyankov, A.Ya., Numerical Efficiency Increase for Methods of Nonuniform Covering in Global Optimization, in Metody matematicheskogo programmirovaniya i programmnoe obespechenie. Tezisy dokl. (Mathematical Programming Methods and Software. Theses Rep.), Sverdlovsk: Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1989, pp. 21–22.Google Scholar
- 6.Interdepartmental Supercomputer Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, website: http://www.jscc.ru.
- 9.Evtushenko, Yu.G., Numerical Method for Finding the Best Guaranteed Estimates, Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 1972, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 89–104.Google Scholar