Supercomputers: Current state and development
- 47 Downloads
The characteristic of development of supercomputers is given, which during the last 10–15 years are began to be built as the microprocessor based mass-parallel structures. There is a prospect for continuation of development of the parallel data processing for the next 10 years both on the general system level and on the processors structure level; the physical performance of the components will grow and targeting area of the computer systems based on the rearrangeable structures will be expanded.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The manuscript is available online: www.top500.org (lists of the 500 most powerful computer installations of the world since 1993).Google Scholar
- 2.Levin, V.K., High Performance Computing Systems for Scientific and Industrial Applications of Russia, Inf. Tekhnol. Vych. Sistemy, 2003, no. 4, pp. 5–13.Google Scholar
- 3.Gibbs, W., Two in One, V Mire Nauki, 2005, no. 2. p. 78–81.Google Scholar
- 4.Future of the Microprocessors (Collection of Articles), Otkrytye Sistemy, 2006, no. 5, pp. 12–44.Google Scholar
- 5.The manuscript is available online: www.supercomputers.ru (a list of the 50 most powerful computer installations of Russia and the CIS countries).Google Scholar
- 6.The manuscript is available online: www.jscc.ru (Interdepartmental supercomputer center of the Russian Academy of Science).Google Scholar
- 7.Fortov, V.E., Levin, V.K., Savin, G.I., et al., Supercomputer MBC-1000M and Prospects of Its Use, Nauka i Promyshlennost’ Rossii, 2001, no. 11, pp. 49–52.Google Scholar
- 8.Zabrodin, A.V., Lutskii, A.E., and Korneev, V.V., Parallel Computing at the Solution of the Modern Scientidic and Technological Tasks, Inf. Tekhnol. Vych. Sistemy, 2003, no. 4, pp. 14–22.Google Scholar
- 9.Kiselev, A.V., Korneev, V.V., Semenov, D.V., and Sakharov, I.E., Metacomputer Systems Control, Otkrytye Systemy, 2005, no. 2, pp. 11–16.Google Scholar
- 10.The manuscript is available online: www.cray.com.Google Scholar