Content of salicylic and jasmonic acids in pea roots (Pisum sativum L.) at the initial stage of symbiotic or pathogenic interaction with bacteria of the family Rhizobiaceae
- 49 Downloads
A change in the contents of endogenous salicylic and jasmonic acids in the roots of the host plant at the preinfectious stage of interaction with symbiotic (Rhizobium leguminosarum) and pathogenic (Agrobacterium rizogenes) bacteria belonging for to the family Rhizobiaceae was studied. It was found that the jasmonic acid content increased 1.5–2 times 5 min after inoculation with these bacterial species. It was shown that dynamics of the change in the JA and SA contents depends on the type of infection. Thus, the JA content decreased in the case of pathogenesis, while the SA content increased. At the same time, an increased JA content was observed during symbiosis. The observed regularities could indicate the presence of different strategies of hormonal regulation for interaction with symbiotic and pathogenic bacteria belonging to the family Rhizobiaceae in peas plants.
KeywordsRhizobiaceae salicylic acid jasmonic acid symbiosis pathogenesis Pisum sativum L.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Vasse, J., De Billy, F., and Truchet, J., Plant J., 1993, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 555–566.Google Scholar
- 10.Mattis, E. and Kain, Ya., in Rhizobiaceae, St. Petersburg: Rossel’khozakademiya, 2002, pp. 179–198.Google Scholar
- 12.Berestetskii, V.A., Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po polucheniyu novykh shtammov Rhizobium leguminosarum i otsenki ikh effektivnosti (Guidelines for Obtaining New Strains of Rhizobium leguminosarum and Assessment of Their Efficiency), Leningrad VNIISKhM, 1976.Google Scholar
- 21.Poustini, K., Mabood, F., and Smith, D.L., Acta Agric. Scand._Sect B Soil. Plant Sci., 2005, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 293–298.Google Scholar
- 27.Sato, M., Tsuda, K., Wang, L., Coller, J., Watanabe, Y., Glazebrook, J., and Katagiri, F., PLoS Pathog., 2010, vol. 6. p. e1001011.Google Scholar
- 29.Tarchevskii, I.A., Signal’nye sistemy kletok rastenii (Signal Systems of Plant Cells), Moscow Nauka, 2002.Google Scholar