Correlation Analysis of Experimental Remote-Sensing Data and Models of Microwave Rough Sea-Surface Emission
- 10 Downloads
A correlation analysis of the model calculations and experimental measurements of wind-speed sensitivity of a rough sea-surface microwave emission at a frequency of 37.5 GHz are presented. The field data used in the research were collected over 3 years in the summer and autumn periods at the oceanographic platform of the Marine Hydrophysical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS). A hypothesis about a significant correlation between the model calculations and experimentally measured sea-surface emission ability caused by wind forcing was formulated and tested to reveal this correlation. An evaluation of the discrepancy between the model and experimental data has been performed by an analysis of residuals. Our studies have shown that among the selected models not a single one adequately describes the experimental data.
Keywordsremote sensing correlation analysis analysis of residuals radiometer microwave emission rough sea surface microwave emission-wind speed sensitivity SSM/I
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bendat, J. and Piersol, A., Engineering Applications of Correlation and Spectral Analysis, New York: Wiley, 1980; Moscow: Mir, 1989.Google Scholar
- Dzura, M.S., Etkin, V.S., Khrupin, A.S., Pospelov, M.N., and Raev, M.D., Radiometers–polarimeters: Principles of design and applications for sea surface microwave emission polarimetry, Int. Geosci. Remote Sens. Symp. (IGARSS’92), Houston, 1992, pp. 1432–1434.Google Scholar
- Hollinger, J.P., DMSP special sensor microwave/imager calibration/validation, Final Rep., vol. 1, Naval Research Laboratory, Space Sensing Branch, Washington, D.C., 1989.Google Scholar
- Kuz’min, A.V., Goryachkin, Yu.A., Ermakov, D.M., Ermakov, S.A., Komarova, N.Yu., Kuznetsov, A.S., Repina, I.A., Sadovskii, I.N., Smirnov, M.T., Sharkov, E.A., and Chukharev, A.M., The Katsiveli marine hydrographic platform as a subsatellite polygon in the Black Sea, Issled. Zemli Kosmosa, 2009, no. 1, pp. 31–44.Google Scholar
- Sadovsky, I.N., Kuz’min, A.V., Sharkov, E.A., Sazonov, D.S., Pashinov, E.V., Asheko, A.A., and Batulin, S.A., Analysis of models of dielectric permeability of water medium, used in problems of remote sensing of water areas, Preprint no. 2172, Moscow: Space Research Institute RAS, 2013.Google Scholar
- Sharkov, E.A., Radioteplovoe distantsionnoe zondirovanie zemli: Fizicheskie osnovy (Radiothermal Remote Sensing of the Earth: Physical Bases), vol. 1, Moscow: IKI RAN, 2014.Google Scholar