Structure, Phase Composition, and Hardness of Coatings Obtained by High-Energy Electron Beam Cladding of a Mixture of Cr3C2 and TiC Powders on Low-Carbon Steel
- 2 Downloads
The methods of optical and scanning electron microscopy, micro-X-ray analysis, and analysis of backscattered electron diffraction are used to study the influence of the input energy on the structure and phase composition of coatings obtained by high-energy electron cladding of a mixture of chromium carbide and titanium carbide powders on low-carbon steel in the open air. A correlation between the structural-phase state of coatings and their microhardness is established. The role of titanium carbide particles in the formation of the structure and changes in the microhardness of coatings is discussed.
Keywords:electron beam cladding microhardness carbides volume fraction of eutectic
We are grateful to M.G. Golkovskii (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences) for his help with electron beam cladding.
This work was carried out in the framework of the Program of Fundamental Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences for 2013–2020, project no. 23.2.1. The structural studies by scanning electron microscopy were carried out using equipment of the Tomsk Material Sciences Center for Collective Use of the National Research Tomsk State University
CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Panin, V.E., Belyuk, S.I., Durakov, V.G., Pribytkov, G.A., and Rempe, N.G., Electron beam cladding in vacuum: equipment, technology, and cladding properties, Svar. Proizvod., 2000, no. 2, pp. 34–38.Google Scholar
- 2.Belyuk, S.I., Samartsev, V.P., Gal’chenko, N.K., Dampilon, B.V., Raskoshnyi, S.Yu., and Kolesnikova, K.A., Electron beam cladding in ferrous metallurgy, Fiz. Mezomekh., 2006, vol. 9, suppl. 1, pp. 157–160.Google Scholar
- 3.Fominskii, L.P. and Kazanskii, V.V., Cladding of powder coatings by the beam of relativistic electrons, Svar. Proizvod., 1985, no. 5, pp. 13–15.Google Scholar
- 6.Poletika, I.M., Ivanov, Yu.F., Golkovskii, M.G., Krylova, T.A., and Perovskaya, M.V., Structure and properties of corrosion-resistant coatings deposited by electronbeam facing in air, Met. Sci. Heat Treat., 2009, vol. 51, nos. 11–12, pp. 599–605.Google Scholar
- 7.Mul’, D.O., Drobyaz, E.A., Chakin, I.K., Samoi-lenko, V.V., Lozhkin, V.S., and Dostovalov, R.A., Structure and properties of steel after non-vacuum electron-beam welding deposition of titanium, tantalum, molybdenum, and graphite powders, Obrab. Met.: Tekhnol., Oborud., Instrum., 2013, no. 3 (60), pp. 115–120.Google Scholar
- 8.Saltykov, S.A., Stereometricheskaya metallografiya (Stereometric Metallography), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.Poletika, I.M., Golkovskii, M.G., Perovskaya, M.V., Krylova, T.A., Salimov, R.A., Gnyusov, S.F., and Gal’chenko, N.K., Formation of bifunctional coatings by electron-beam cladding, Perspekt. Mater., 2007, no. 1, pp. 78–85.Google Scholar