Method of Experimental Verification of Accuracy of UAV Antenna Phase Center Motion Parameters Determined by Navigation System
- 5 Downloads
The paper addresses the problem of verification of a micronavigation system appropriateness for determining the parameters of antenna phase center (APC) motion in order to synthesize its aperture onboard an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). A method is proposed for the analysis of the accuracy of APC positioning in real flight conditions. Trajectory signal from a monochromatic stationary source of radio-frequency (RF) emission is used as reference measurements. The accuracy of the range to the source measured by the micronavigation system is estimated, with an emphasis on the analysis of high-frequency component of measurement error. Hardware for the proposed method implementation is described, and the results of inflight tests are presented. It is demonstrated that the accuracy of APC positioning towards the RF emission source is determined at the level of measurement errors caused by the phase instability of reference oscillators within the receiver modules.
Keywordsaperture synthesis antenna phase center tracking trajectory instability micronavigation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kondratenkov, G.S. and Frolov, A.Yu., Radiovidenie. Radiolokatsionnye sistemy distantsionnogo zondirovaniya Zemli (Radiovision. Radar Systems for Remote Probing of the Earth), Moscow: Radiotekhnika, 2005.Google Scholar
- 2.Antipov, V.I., Goryainov, V.T., Kulin, A.N. et al., Radiolokatsionnye stantsii s tsifrovym sintezirovaniem apertury antenny (Radar Stations with Digital Synthesis of Antenna Aperture), V.T. Goryainov ed., Moscow: Radio i svyaz’, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.Kulakova, V.I. and Tsarik, O.V., Passive aperture synthesis in VHF band with antenna position estimation, Uspekhi sovremennoi radioelektroniki, 2016, no. 5, pp. 15–22.Google Scholar
- 4.Bilik, V.V., Kovregin, V.N., Chernodarov, A.V. and Patrikeev, A.P., A spatially distributed micronavigation system for a synthetic-aperture radar, Proceedings of the 18th St. Petersburg International Conference on Integrated Navigation Systems (ICINS), St. Petersburg, Concern CSRI Elektropribor, 2011, pp. 185–194.Google Scholar
- 5.Krasilshchikov, M.N., Kozorez, D.A., Sypalo, K.I., Samarin, O.F. and Savost’yanov, V.Yu., High-accuracy positioning of phase center of multifunction airborne radar antenna, Giroskopiya i navigatsiya, 2013, no. 2, pp. 14–30.Google Scholar
- 6.Bulgakov, S.L., Mikheenkov, Yu.P., Kryuchkov, V.N., Fedoskin, O.I. and Khilevich, D.A., Inertial-satellite navigation system for synthetic aperture radar, Proceedings of the 19th St. Petersburg International Conference on Integrated Navigation Systems (ICINS), St. Petersburg, Concern CSRI Elektropribor, 2012, pp. 163–168.Google Scholar
- 7.Cao Fuxiang, Bao Zheng. Analysis and simulation of GPS/SINU integrated system for airborne SAR motion compensation, Proceedings of the 2001 CIE International Conference on Radar, Beijing, China, 2001, pp. 1173–1177.Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, W.Q., Multi-Antenna Synthetic Aperture Radar, Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, cop., 2013.Google Scholar
- 13.Kulakova, V.I. and Sokharev, A.Yu., Navigation system for antenna tracking onboard a small UAV, Uspekhi sovremennoi elektroniki, 2017, no. 10, pp. 5–14.Google Scholar
- 14.Savage, P.G., Strapdown Analytics. Parts 1 and 2, Maple Plain, MN: Strapdown Associates, 2000.Google Scholar