Melting of Benzoic Acid in Mixtures with Various Organic Compounds after Plastic Deformation under High Pressure
- 2 Downloads
Mixtures of benzoic acid with various organic compounds are subjected to plastic deformation in Bridgman anvils under a pressure of 1 GPa at room temperature. The influence of high-pressure plastic deformation on the calorimetric behavior of the deformed layer of benzoic acid in mixtures with various organic components is studied under conditions of thermal treatment (programmed heating at a constant rate). The parameters for the process of melting of deformed layers of benzoic acid mixtures depending on the chemical composition are studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). In all cases, the melting point Tm decreased by 5–8 deg. The melting enthalpy both can increase by 1.7 times and decrease by 2.3 times. In mixtures with organic indicators, the melting enthalpy of the acid depends on the pH of the indicator and reaches 750 J g–1 in a mixture with Congo red.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Polymer Blends, Paul, D.R. and Newman, S., Eds., New York: Academic Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.Hybrid Nanocomposites for Nanotechnology, Mehrani, L., Ed., Springer Science + Business Media, 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.Oxide Thin Films, Multilayers, and Nanocomposites, Mele, P., Endo, T., Arisawa, S., Li., C., and Tsuchiya, T., Eds., Springer Science + Business Media, 2015.Google Scholar
- 8.Flamm, D.L. and Auciello, O., Plasma Deposition, Treatment, and Etching of polymers: The Treatment and Etching of Polymers, Elsevier, 2012.Google Scholar
- 13.Kryuchkov, A.I., Zhorin, V.A., Prut, E.V., Nikol’skii, V.G., Budnitskii, Yu.M., Akutin, M.S., and Enikolopyan, N.S., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 1982, vol. 24, no. 1, p.184.Google Scholar
- 14.Zhorin, V.A., Kissin, Yu.V., Luizo, Yu.V., Fridman, N.V., and Enikolopyan, N.S., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 1976, vol. 18, no. 12, p. 2677.Google Scholar
- 15.Zhorin, V.A., Godovskii, Yu.K., and Enikolopyan, N.S., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 1982, vol. 24, no. 5, p.953.Google Scholar
- 16.Zhorin, V.A., Plast. Massy, 2018, nos. 3–4, pp. 35–40.Google Scholar
- 19.Zhorin, V.A. and Kiselev, M.R., Plast. Massy, 2017, nos. 3–4, pp. 6–11.Google Scholar
- 22.Berlin, Yu.A., Beshenko, S.I., Zhorin, V.A., Ovchinnikov, A.A., and Enikolopyan, N.S., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1981, vol. 260, no. 6, pp. 1386–1390.Google Scholar
- 23.Berlin, Yu.A., Beshenko, S.I., Zhorin, V.A., and Enikolopyan, N.S., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1982, vol. 262, no. 4, pp. 911–913.Google Scholar