Chemical, Electrochemical and Morphology Studies on Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose as Green Inhibitor for Corrosion of Copper in Hydrochloric acid Solutions
- 28 Downloads
Methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose was tested as a green inhibitor for corrosion of copper in 1M HCl solution, because it is nonpoisonous, natural polymer, eco-friendly and minimal cost material. The inhibition behavior of methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose was studied utilizing cyclic voltammetry, potentiodynamic polarization and weight loss techniques. The inhibition efficiency increment with incrementing the concentration of methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose and with incrementing the immersion time. The morphology of the surface and the adsorption isotherm were studied. The values of activation energy (Ea) and heat of adsorption (Qads) were computed and expounded. The inhibition action was explicated on the basis of adsorption of methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose on the surface of copper constitutes obstruction of mass and charge transfer leading to safeguard the copper surface from the offensive ions.
Keywordschemical study electrochemical study green inhibitors methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose copper corrosion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Antonijevic, M.M. and Petrovic, M.B., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2008, vol. 3, p.1.Google Scholar
- 3.El-Sayed, M. Sherif, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2012, vol. 7, p. 1884.Google Scholar
- 8.Maqsood Ahmad Malik, Mohd Ali Hashim, Firdosa Nabi, et al., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2011, vol. 6, p. 1927.Google Scholar
- 13.El-Etre, A.Y., Ahmed H. Tantawy, Salah Eid, and Doaa F. Seyam, J. Basic Environ. Sci., 2017, vol. 2, p.128.Google Scholar
- 15.Salah, Eid, Abdallah, M., Kamar, E.M., and El-Etre, A.Y., J. Mater. Environ. Sci., 2015, vol. 6, no. 3, p.892.Google Scholar
- 18.Manimaran, N., Rajendran, S., Manivannan, M., et al., Eur. Chem. Bull., 2013, vol. 2, no. 7, p.494.Google Scholar
- 19.Arukalam, I.O., Madu, I.O., Ijomah, N.T., et al., J. Mater., 2014, vol. 11, Art. ID 101709.Google Scholar
- 26.Zarrouk, B., Zarrok Hammouti, H., Al-Deyab, S.S., and Messali, M., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2011, vol. 6, p. 6261.Google Scholar
- 29.Nnabuk O. Eddy, Femi Awe, and Eno E. Ebenso, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2010, vol. 5, p. 1996.Google Scholar
- 30.Salah, Eid and Walid M.I. Hassan, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2015, vol. 10, p. 8017.Google Scholar
- 31.Deyab, M.A., Abd El-Rehim, S.S., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2013, vol. 8, p. 12613.Google Scholar