Synthesis and Corrosion Inhibition Behavior of Novel Amide-Based Quarternary Di-Cationic Surfactants on Carbon Steel in HCl Solutions
- 6 Downloads
The synthesis of di-cationic surfactants were occurred by the reaction of three straight-chain amide derivatives with (2-bromoethyl)trimethylammonium bromide. After characterization of these di-cationic surfactants using FT-IR and NMR, the corrosion inhibition tests were performed at room temperature (25°C) in 1.0, 2.0 and 4.0 M of HCl solutions for different immersion times. Over 92% of corrosion inhibition efficiencies were obtained from the weight loss measurements. As evidence for the preventing of the oxidation on carbon steel, very small amount of corrosion rates were measured from the weight loss values. To establish the inhibition efficiency results in 1.0, 2.0 and 4.0 M of HCl solutions, SEM analysis of the metal coupons used were performed.
Keywordsdi-cationic surfactants corrosion inhibition corrosion rate carbon steel HCl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bereket, B. and Pinarbasi, A., Corrosion, 2008, vol. 16, p.17.Google Scholar
- 12.Zaafarany, I. and Abdallah, M., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2010, vol. 5, p.18.Google Scholar
- 13.Blair, C.M., Groves, W., and Gross, W.F., US Patent 2468163, 1949.Google Scholar
- 14.Miller, R.F., Go, T.S., and Wilson, G.R., US Patent 4440666, 1984.Google Scholar
- 27.Fouda, A.S., Elewady, Y.A., Abd El-Aziz, H.K., and Ahmed, A.M., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2012, vol. 7, p. 10456.Google Scholar
- 28.Acosta, E.J., Webber, P.A., and Monk, K.A., US Patent 0219379 A1, 2010.Google Scholar
- 29.Leinweber, D. and Feustel, M., US Patent 2009/0057616 A1, 2009.Google Scholar
- 33.Anonymous, Cold Rolled Low Carbon Steel Flat Products for Cold Forming—Technical Delivery Conditions, German Ver. EN 10130:2006, Berlin: Deutsches Institut für Normung, 2007, p.14.Google Scholar
- 35.Fouda, A.S., El-desoky, A.M., and Hassan, H.M., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2013, vol. 8, p. 5866.Google Scholar
- 36.Asefi, D., Arami, M., and Mahmoodi, N.M., ECS Trans., 2011, vol. 33, p.1.Google Scholar