Prereforming of Arctic Diesel Fuel into Syngas
- 3 Downloads
The possibility of using arctic low-sulfur diesel fuel for the production of syngas suitable for solid-oxide fuel cells (SOFSs) in a single stage via the prereforming reaction over Ni-MgO structured catalysts based on a highly porous cellular foam material (HPCFM) made of nickel is demonstrated. Catalysts with mass compositions (wt %) 10.7NiO–10MgO/HPCFM and 20NiO–10MgO/HPCFM are prepared, and their properties in the prereforming of arctic diesel fuel at 550°C are studied. The microstructure of the coating of these catalysts is studied via transmission electron microscopy (TEM) before and after the reaction. The resistance of these prereforming catalysts to carbonization is revealed to be the key factor influencing their stability under operation. The kinetic parameters of this reaction are determined. The obtained results could be helpful in creating power generation units based on fuel cells operating on arctic diesel fuel under the conditions of the Far North.
Keywords:diesel syngas prereforming nickel magnesium oxide
This work was supported by the RF Ministry of Education and Science under the terms of Agreement no. 14.607.21.0149 (unique identification code RFMEFI60716X0149).
- 1.Bakun, V.G., Yakovenko, R.E., Saliev, A.N., Sulima, S.I., Zemlyakov, N.D., and Nekroenko, S.V., Inzh. Vestn. Dona, 2017, no. 4. http://www.ivdon.ru/uploads/article/ pdf/IVD_136_Bakun_Yakovenko.pdf_798aa89f93.pdf. Cited October 14, 2018.Google Scholar
- 2.Burov, E.A., Studying the efficiency of functional additives to diesel fuels of different hydrocarbon composition, Cand. Sci. (Chem) Dissertation, Moscow: Gubkin Ross. State Univ. Oil Gas, 2015.Google Scholar
- 3.Kemalov, A.F., Kemalov, R.A., and Valiev, D.Z., Vestn. Kazan. Tekhnol. Univ., 2010, no. 10, pp. 645–647.Google Scholar
- 4.Kinzul’, A.P., Khandarkhaev, S.V., Pisarenko, N.O., Buryukin, F.A., and Tverdokhlebov, V.P., Mir Nefteprod., 2012, no. 8, pp. 7–11.Google Scholar
- 5.Agaev, S.G., Glazunov, A.M., Gul’tyaev, S.V., and Yakovlev, N.S., Uluchshenie nizkotemperaturnykh svoistv dizel’nykh topliv (Improving the Low-Temperature Properties of Diesel Fuels), Tyumen: TyumGNGU, 2009.Google Scholar
- 6.Zheng, Q., Janke, C., and Farrauto, R., Appl. Catal., B, 2014, vols. 160–161, pp. 525–533.Google Scholar
- 9.Granlund, M.Z., Jansson, K., Nilsson, M., Dawody, J., and Pettersson, L.J., Appl. Catal., B, 2015, vols. 172–173, pp. 145–153.Google Scholar
- 11.Esipova, E.V., Adsorption desulfurization of diesel gas condensate fuel, Cand. Sci. (Eng.) Dissertation, Moscow: Gubkin Ross. State Univ. Oil Gas, 2015.Google Scholar