Isomerization of n-Heptane in the Presence of Aromatic Hydrocarbons over Pt/MOR/Al2O3 and Pt/WO3/ZrO2 Catalysts
- 24 Downloads
The effect of aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene) on the isomerization of n-heptane over Pt/MOR/Al2O3 and Pt/WO3/ZrO2 catalysts is studied. It is shown that the presence of aromatic hydrocarbons results in a need to raise the reaction temperature by 20–30°C to achieve n-heptane conversion at the same level as for individual n-heptane. It is established that the yield of heptane isomers falls in 1.5 times (from 60.1 to 39.9 wt %) during the isomerization of n-heptane mixed with aromatic hydrocarbons over Pt/MOR/Al2O3 catalyst and remains at the same level (60.4–68.0 wt %) over Pt/WO3/ZrO2 catalyst. The developed catalysts can be used in industry to isomerize the C7 fraction separated from straight-run and catalytic reforming gasolines. The presence of aromatic hydrocarbons in feedstocks is undesirable when Pt/MOR/Al2O3 catalyst is used, as it reduces the yield of isomers.
Keywords:n-heptane isomerization platinum mordenite tungstated zirconia benzene toluene
This work was carried out according to the state task of the IHP SB RAS, task V.46, project no. V.46.2.4.
- 1.TR TS (Customs Union Technical Regulation) 013/2011: Requirements to Automobile and Aviation Gasoline, Diesel and Ship Fuel, Jet Engine Fuel and Furnace Boiler Oil, 2011.Google Scholar
- 3.Yasakova, E.A., Sitdikova, A.V., and Akhmetov, A.F., Neftegaz. Delo, 2010, no. 1, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 4.Khurshid, M., Al-Daous, M.A., Hattori, H., and Al-Khattaf, S.S., Appl. Catal., A, 2009, vol. 362, nos. 1–2, pp. 75–81.Google Scholar
- 5.RF Patent 2408659, 2009.Google Scholar
- 8.Demirci, U.B. and Garin, F., J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 2002, vol. 188, nos. 1–2, pp. 233–243.Google Scholar
- 13.Belopukhov, E.A., Smolikov, M.D., Kir’yanov, D.I., and Belyi, A.S., Zh. Sib. Fed. Univ., Khim., 2012, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 398–404.Google Scholar
- 16.Zhorov, Yu.M., Termodinamika khimicheskikh pro-tsessov (Thermodynamics of Chemical Processes), Moscow: Khimiya, 1985.Google Scholar