An Efficient Direct Method for Numerically Solving the Cauchy Problem for Laplace’s Equation
- 12 Downloads
A widespread approach to solving the Cauchy problem for Laplace’s equation is to reduce it to an inverse problem. As a rule, an iterative procedure is used to solve this problem. In this study, an efficient direct method for numerically solving the inverse problem in rectangular domains is described. The main idea is to expand the desired solution with respect to a basis consisting of eigenfunctions of a difference analogue of Laplace’s operator.
KeywordsCauchy problem for Laplace’s equation inverse problem numerical solution efficient direct method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Mukanova, B., Numerical Reconstruction of Unknown Boundary Data in the Cauchy Problem for Laplace’s Equation, Inv. Probl. Sci. Engin., 2012, vol. 21, iss. 8, pp. 1255–1267.Google Scholar
- 4.Mukanova, B., Maussumbekova, S., and Kulbay, M., Solving the Regularized Inverse Problem for Elliptic Equations in Cylindrical Coordinates: Analytical Formulas, J. Appl. Mech. Mater., 2015, vols. 799/800, pp. 693–697.Google Scholar
- 5.Kabanikhin, S.I., Bektemesov, M.A., Ayapbergenova, A.T., and Nechaev, D.V., Optimization Methods of Solving Continuation Problems, Comput. Technol., 2004, vol. 9, special iss, pp. 49–60.Google Scholar
- 6.Karchevsky, A.L., Reformulation of an Inverse Problem Statement That Reduces Computational Costs, Euras. J. Math. Comp. Appl., 2013, vol. 1, iss. 2, pp. 4–20.Google Scholar
- 8.Kabanikhin, S.I., Shishlenin, M.A., Nurseitov, D.B., Nurseitova, A.T., and Kasenov, S.E., Comparative Analysis of Methods for Regularizing an Initial Boundary Value Problem for the Helmholtz Equation, J. Appl. Math., 2014, vol. 2014, special iss, pp. 1–7.Google Scholar
- 9.Kabanikhin, S.I. and Karchevsky, A.L., Method for Solving the Cauchy Problem for an Elliptic Equation, J. Inv. Ill-Posed Problems, 1995, vol. 3, iss. 1, pp. 21–46.Google Scholar
- 10.Kabanikhin, S.I., Obratnye i nekorrektnye zadachi (Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems), Novosibirsk: Sibirskoe Nauch. Izd., 2009.Google Scholar
- 11.Samarskii, A.A. and Nikolayev, E.S., Metody resheniya setochnykh uravnenii (Methods of Solving Grid Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 12.Samarskii, A.A. and Andreyev, V.B., Raznostnye metody dlya ellipticheskikh uravnenii (Difference Methods for Elliptic Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1979.Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, C.-S., An Analytical Method for the Inverse Cauchy Problem of Laplace Equation in a Rectangular Plate, J.Mech., 2011, vol. 27, iss. 4, pp. 575–584.Google Scholar
- 15.Lavrentiev, M.M. and Saveliev, L.Ya., Teoriya operatorov i nekorrektnye zadachi (Operator Theory and Ill-Posed Problems), Novosibirsk: Publ. House of the Institute ofMathematics, 2010.Google Scholar