A Study of an Inverse Boundary Value Problem for the Heat Conduction Equation
- 6 Downloads
A mixed initial boundary value problem for the heat conduction equation is investigated and solved. The problem statement includes three intervals: the first one (0 → T1) describes heating of an internal combustion chamber and the second one (T1 → T2), the chamber cooling and slower cooling of its wall. The third interval describes natural cooling of the chamber wall when the chamber temperature coincides with that of the environment. The applicability of the Fourier transform in time to this problem is proved. This makes it possible to transform the governing equation to an ordinary differential equation. By using the resulting equation, an inverse boundary value problem for the heat conduction equation is solved by a nonlinear method of projection regularization, and an error estimate of the approximate solution is obtained.
Keywordserror estimate modulus of continuity Fourier transform ill-posed problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alifanov, O.M., Obratnye zadachi teploobmena (Inverse Heat Transfer Problems), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.Lavrent’ev, M.M., Romanov, V.G., and Shishatsky, S.P., Nekotorye zadachi matematicheskoi fiziki i analiza (Ill-Posed Problems ofMathematical Physics and Analysis),Moscow: Nauka, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.Bakushinsky, A.B. and Goncharsky, A.V., Nekorrektnye zadachi. Chislennye metody i prilozheniya (Ill-Posed Problems: NumericalMethods and Applications),Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.Kabanikhin, S.I., Obratnye i nekorrektnye zadachi (Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems), Novosibirsk: Siberian Academic Press, 2009.Google Scholar
- 8.Belonosov, A.S. and Shishlenin, M.A., Continuation Problem for the Parabolic Equation with Data on Part of the Boundary, Sib. El. Mat. Izv., 2014, vol. 11, pp. 22–34.Google Scholar
- 9.Denisov, A.M., Vvedenie v teoriyu obratnykh zadach (Introduction to the Theory of Inverse Problems), Moscow: Publ. House ofMoscow State Univ., 1994.Google Scholar
- 12.Yagola, A.G., Van Yanfei, Stepanova, I.E., and Titarenko, V.N., Obratnye zadachi i metody ikh rescheniya. Prilozheniya k geofizike (Inverse Problems inGeophysics and SolutionMethods),Moscow:BINOM, 2014.Google Scholar
- 14.Tanana, V.P., Bredikhina, A.B., and Kamaltdinova, T.S., On an Error Estimate for an Approximate Solution for an Inverse Problem in the Class of Piecewise Smooth Functions, Trudy Inst. Mat. Mekh. UrO RAN, 2012, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 281–288.Google Scholar