A New Non-Overlapping Domain Decomposition Method for a 3D Laplace Exterior Problem
- 8 Downloads
We propose a method for solving three-dimensional boundary value problems for Laplace’s equation in an unbounded domain. It is based on non-overlapping decomposition of the exterior domain into two subdomains so that the initial problem is reduced to two subproblems, namely, exterior and interior boundary value problems on a sphere. To solve the exterior boundary value problem, we propose a singularity isolation method. To match the solutions on the interface between the subdomains (the sphere), we introduce a special operator equation approximated by a system of linear algebraic equations. This system is solved by iterative methods in Krylov subspaces. The performance of the method is illustrated by solving model problems.
Keywordsexterior boundary value problems non-overlapping decomposition computation of integrals with singularities iterative methods in Krylov subspaces
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.De-hao, Yu. and Ji-ming, Wu, A Nonoverlapping Domain DecompositionMethod for Exterior 3-D Problem, J. Comput. Math., 2001, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 77–86.Google Scholar
- 6.Il’in, V.P., Metody i tekhnologii konechnykh elementov (Methods and Technologies of Finite Elements), Novosibirsk: Publ. House of ICM&MG SB RAS, 2007.Google Scholar
- 9.Il’in, V.P., Metody konechnykh raznostei i konechnykh ob’yomov dlya ellipticheskikh uravnenii (Finite Difference and Finite Volume Methods for Elliptic Equations), Novosibirsk: Publ. House of ICM&MG SB RAS, 2001.Google Scholar
- 11.Koshlyakov, N.S., Gliner, E.B., and Smirnov, M.M., Uravneniya v chastnykh proizvodnykh matematicheskoi fiziki (Partial Differential Equations ofMathematical Physics),Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1970.Google Scholar
- 12.Gradshteyn, I.S. and Ryzhik, I.M., Tablitsy integralov, summ, ryadov i proizvedenii (Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products),Moscow: Fizmatgiz, 1963.Google Scholar
- 13.Lebedev, V.I., Funktsional’nyi analiz i vychislitel’naya matematika (Functional Analysis in Computational Mathematics),Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2005.Google Scholar
- 14.http://sourceforge.net/projects/netgen-mesher/.Google Scholar
- 15.Faddeev, D.K. and Faddeeva, V.N., Vychislitel’nye metody lineynoi algebry (Computational Methods of Linear Algebra),Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1963.Google Scholar