On the Calculation of Border and Contact Nodes by a Grid-Characteristic Method on Non-Periodic Tetrahedral Grids
- 8 Downloads
A grid-characteristic method for the numerical simulation of wave processes in continuum mechanics was initially proposed, and has been successfully applied to periodic hexagonal computational grids. Later it was proposed to adapt this method to non-periodic triangle and tetrahedral grids, and wide computational experience has been gained. However, this approach encounters some difficulties in the calculation of border and contact points when applied to various grid configurations in areas with complex geometries. In this paper, limitations of the method which cause such problems are considered, and some improvements to overcome them are proposed.
Keywordsgrid-characteristic method non-periodic computational grids tetrahedral and triangle grids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Petrov, I.B. and Kholodov, A.S., Numerical Investigation of CertainDynamical Problems of theMechanics of a Deformable Solid Body by the Grid-CharacteristicMethod, Zh. Vych. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 1984, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 722–739.Google Scholar
- 3.Golubev, V.I., Petrov, I.B., Khokhlov, N.I., and Shul’ts, K.I., Numerical Computation of Wave Propagation in Fractured Media by Applying the Grid-Characteristic Method on Hexahedral Meshes, Comput. Math. Math. Phys., 2015, vol. 55, iss. 3, pp. 509–518.Google Scholar
- 4.Golubev, V.I., Petrov, I.B., and Khokhlov, N.I., Compact Grid-Characteristic Schemes of Higher Orders of Accuracy for a 3D Linear Transport Equation, Math. Mod. Comput. Simul., 2016, vol. 8, iss. 5, pp. 577–584.Google Scholar
- 7.Agapov, P.I. and Chelnokov, F.B., Comparative Analysis of Difference Schemes forNumerically Solving Two- Dimensional Problems of Deformable Solid Body Mechanics, in Modelirovanie i obrabotka informatsii, Moscow:Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2003, pp. 19–27.Google Scholar
- 11.CGAL. Computational Geometry Algorithms Library, http://www.cgal.org.Google Scholar
- 12.Flötotto, J., 2D and Surface Function Interpolation, CGAL User and Reference Manual, 4.8 ed., CGAL, 2016.Google Scholar
- 14.Beklemysheva, K.A., Grigoriev, G.K., Kulberg, N.S., Kazakov, A.O., Petrov, I.B., Salamatova, V.Yu., Vassilevski, Yu.V., and Vasyukov, A.V., Transcranial Ultrasound of Cerebral Vessels in Silico: Proof of Concept, Russ. J. Num. An. Math.Model., 2016, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 317–328.MathSciNetzbMATHGoogle Scholar