Thermal Conversions of 2,4-Bis(N,N-Dimethylamino)-6-Trinitromethyl-1,3,5-Triazine
- 2 Downloads
To predict the thermal stability of high-energy triazine derivatives and the compatibility of trini-tromethyl substituents with dialkylamino groups in particular, thermal conversions of 2,4-bis(N, N-dimethyl-amino)-6-trinitromethyl-1,3,5-triazine (I) have been investigated in a temperature range of 170–623 K via differential thermal analysis, mass spectrometry, and single-crystal and powder X-ray diffraction. Compound I is characterized by a strong anisotropy of temperature expansion, and at 365 K it undergoes α-I → β-I polymorphic transformation that is preceded by an abrupt drop in density. A polymorphic transformation occurs with the destruction of crystals and is accompanied by the partial mechanochemical decomposition of I. The melting of I at about 396 K results in abrupt acceleration of its decomposition. The thermal effects of the polymorphic transformation, melting, and decomposition of I have been measured. The activation parameters of decomposition of I in melt have been estimated based on the data of differential scanning calorimetry. The composition of the gaseous products being formed has been determined, and mechanism of decomposition of I has been proposed, according to which the dimethylamino group is oxidized by the nitro group at the limiting stage of the process.
Keywordshigh-energy substances 2,4-bis(N,N-dimethylamino)-6-trinitromethyl-1,3,5-triazine thermal decomposition polymorphic transformations differential scanning calorimetry thermogravimetry mass spectrometry X-ray diffraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Nechiporenko, D.B. Lempert, and S.I. Soglasnova, Khim. Fiz. 24 (3), 74 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.V.V. Nedel’ko, A.V. Shastin, and V.V. Zakharov, in Proceedings of the 7th All-Russia Conference on Energetic Condensed Systems, Chernogolovka, Dzerzhinskiy, Dec. 17–19, 2014 (IPKhF RAN, Chernogolovka, 2014), p. 31.Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Nedel’ko, A. V. Shastin, T.S. Kon’kova, et al., Gorenie Vzryv 8, 160 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.T.S. Kon’kova, E. A. Miroshnichenko, V.V. Nedel’ko, et al., in Proceedings of the 18th Seminar on New Trends in Research of Energ. Materials, Pardubice, Czech Republic, 2015, p. 638.Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Bakharev, A. A. Gidaspov, N.G. Yakunina, and Yu.N. Bulychev, Khim.-Farm. Zh. 45 (5), 11 (2008).Google Scholar